Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: 7 second pass??
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:34 pm 

want-a-be wrote:
Try something for me please. Get some contact paste and try it on your spark plug threads. Might not get you there but worth a test, and nothing to loose but a few bucks. Everything to gain.

Don

I did ask before and never got any answers....What is contact paste going to do???

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:58 pm 

Barry,
If you can get your car to run the number as good as you hit the tree you can quit your day job and race for a livin'! =;

Nice reaction times, wish I could do that!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm 

Good Job Barry it will happen one of these days \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ That thing is like a bracket car O:) =;

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 pm 

Thanks guys and as you all know when your car is right it make you drive that much better!!
Oh and Donee those runs are on E85 =; Yep 5 gallons just $16 bucks \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 pm 

Here's a O2 log from that 8.07 run... Trailing off rich at about the 5 second mark to the end..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Beretta wrote:
Here's a O2 log from that 8.07 run... Trailing off rich at about the 5 second mark to the end.

Aren't we planning to drop the jet size to .160 next time out? :-k If so, I'd do that FIRST before messing with MABs.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 am 

Nice runs Barry! That 7sec slip will come, and when it does it will feel very good! You know what they say some things are worth waiting for! So you guys are saying the least amount of pump shot possible to make it 60 the best and not stumble correct? I run 35's now with the yellow cams

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 am 

Not sure if I will be able to get out this weekend and will be going to Raceway Park for there last race on the 28th..
There you get one time run and then 1st round so I don't want to mess with it to much if I can't get out this weekend.
I need to get into it today... ;-)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:47 am 

OK looking at this log and if I am right the afr need to be 11.7 to 11.9 and it's about there except for the end where it gets rich...I know what your saying "not to tune by O2" so I will drop down to 160 jets and see what happens.. There is no 162 jets in Holley numbers but I think Mark has said that BLP will make any size you may want...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 am 

It looks to me like the green line is fairly flat all the way, its the red line that gets richer and it does it in a steady manner from start to finish.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Beretta wrote:
OK looking at this log and if I am right the afr need to be 11.7 to 11.9 and it's about there except for the end where it gets rich...I know what your saying "not to tune by O2" so I will drop down to 160 jets and see what happens.. There is no 162 jets in Holley numbers but I think Mark has said that BLP will make any size you may want...

Barry there is an option to changing the jet and that would be to open up the MAB about .002 as that would lean the whole curve while making it a little leaner up top too, which is what you want?? Others can chime in on this and correct me if I'm wrong here but the MAB change may get you what you need without changing the jet. :-k

What MAB is in it now? :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 am 

MAB is .026 now and Mark got back to me with the same suggestion so I will leave the MJ as is unless I can get out this week end and try the 160 MJ with the same .026 MAB...If not I will just change the MAB to .028 for next weekends race..

Hope to get out with Ant this weekend to have another go at it with my 1150 and I hope he gets time to fix that
throttle linkage.. :-

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, after looking at your graph I figured the MAB change might be in order first as that will lean out the entire curve and more so the top end. MAB changes "might" be all it needs. :-k

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 pm 

Beretta wrote:
want-a-be wrote:
Try something for me please. Get some contact paste and try it on your spark plug threads. Might not get you there but worth a test, and nothing to loose but a few bucks. Everything to gain.

Don

I did ask before and never got any answers....What is contact paste going to do???

It can give your spark plugs a better path to ground and possibly free up a few extra ponies. Seen this help more then a few times with engines running alky. Worth a try for only a few bucks invested. One way do a before and after test is to check header temps before and after.

Don

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 pm 

I know this may sound incredible but I saw a head gasket from a maggy blown engine that had electric arc burns in it. For some reason the head gasket wasnt conducting the arc ground current, ran a wire from each head to the block to ground the heads and problem went away. Now there is no way anyone would consider that electricity coudnt get through from the head to the block is there, there is all those head bolts and stuff but it couldnt. Thread lubes and oil under the bolt heads is non conductive so I guess it was all that stuff.

On all the engines I advise or work on I always link the heads to the battery earth.

So this conductive paste idea on the plug threads is a good idea in my book.
Are there any issues with heat upon the paste and it sticking in the head etc. Could a mix of conductive paste and thread anti seize be the go?

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems