Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: 7 second pass??
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:37 pm 

Nope I don't think it's going to happen ](*,) ...But it was a good day to test a couple different things and you can see that the second run didn't like what I did and the last run I changed the discharge nozzles from 45 to 42 and it seems like it really
liked that as that was my best short time =; =; ...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject: Re: 7 second pass??
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like it's time to try some .038 shooters then, hey! As I said before, I've got .035s in my methanol Dominator and it works just fine.

I think the more time you spend getting the T slot right helps to eliminate the need for so much fuel being dumped by the pump shot.

So what did you do that slowed it down? :-k

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm 

Nice!!! \:D/

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:12 am 

On that second run I went up to 168 jet as that is the next size jet and as you can see it slowed down,so I went back to the 164's. The O2 numbers kind of hung right about 11.0 (gas scale) till 5 seconds then started to lean out to 10.9...
Just wondering if a 166 jet would have made any difference at all as those numbers look good..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:08 am 
Site Admin

I do believe I'd lean it down now to see where it drops off. I would have put a .160 in there if you had'em. And BTW, 10.9 is richer not leaner than 11.0. If memory serves, the "corn" guys are running somewhere around 11.8 to 12.2 on a gas scale. :-k How bout it AJ or Ron? What should he be looking for here? :-k

It might have a 7.90 something in it yet! ;-)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
I do believe I'd lean it down now to see where it drops off. I would have put a .160 in there if you had'em. And BTW, 10.9 is richer not leaner than 11.0. If memory serves, the "corn" guys are running somewhere around 11.8 to 12.2 on a gas scale. :-k How bout it AJ or Ron? What should he be looking for here? :-k

It might have a 7.90 something in it yet! ;-)

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Man just can't get that in my head!!!!!!!!!Keep thinking gas!!!!!! And yea I have a set of 160's ](*,) ](*,)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Beretta wrote:
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Man just can't get that in my head!!!!!!!!!Keep thinking gas!!!!!! And yea I have a set of 160's ](*,) ](*,)

I just switched over and use the lambda scale on everything now. I think AJ mentioned that he's around .82 lambda on his setup. I shoot for around .78 on methanol along with verifying where I am with the time slip MPH reading.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 am 

Wish I could switch over but can't...As there is none that I know of..May just call them again..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm 

Try something for me please. Get some contact paste and try it on your spark plug threads. Might not get you there but worth a test, and nothing to loose but a few bucks. Everything to gain.

Don

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:27 pm 

Beretta wrote:
... and the last run I changed the discharge nozzles from 45 to 42 and it seems like it really liked that as that was my best short time ...

Are you foot-braking this? or leaving on the trans-brake?

Nice string of RT's, woulda won some rounds in elims.

Rick

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm 

rick360 wrote:
Beretta wrote:
... and the last run I changed the discharge nozzles from 45 to 42 and it seems like it really liked that as that was my best short time ...

Rick

My reaction times hardly ever keep me from going rounds it usually a brake down or a dead battery but seem to have everything under control now.......We will see next year =;
No foot braking and leaving at 5000 rpm =; ......This car(and this took me some time to figure it out) needs to be hit hard on the starting line to work and it will repeat when other car are having an issue =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:50 pm 

Some nice runs there Barry =D>

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:57 pm 

Beretta wrote:
rick360 wrote:
Beretta wrote:

Rick

My reaction times hardly ever keep me from going rounds it usually a brake down or a dead battery but seem to have everything under control now.......We will see next year =;
No foot braking and leaving at 5000 rpm =; ......This car(and this took me some time to figure it out) needs to be hit hard on the starting line to work and it will repeat when other car are having an issue =;

If you're leaving on the t-brake, why do you think the squirter nozzles are affecting your 60'? The shot should be all gone by the time the brake releases.

Rick

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

Rick I'm not sure that's the case with these Pro Stage equipped engines as the throttle doesn't go full until .6 before the hit and even then you've got the lag time on the air cylinder as that's not instantaneous. I expect early in the short time there's still possibly some pump fuel in the runners as that shot doesn't get atomized all that well.

Ennywho, I'd keep leaning it down until it stumbles then go back up a notch. If my theory is true then the short times should get a little better.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 pm 

Using a starting line enhancer so I press the bump button when I stage the gas peddle goes to the floor and it idles at
1700rpm. Them bump in with the brake and I can flicker the light some,set the TB and release on the top bulb and when the 2nd bulb comes on the pedal goes to the floor and then it releases...So what is going on is when it goes WO and you have to much acc pump it shows a dip in the O2 that is rich...
This is a bit extreme but you can get the idea...You only need enough acc pump so it don't stumble any more is a waist..

No foot braking and leaving at 5000 rpm =; ......This car(and this took me some time to figure it out) needs to be hit hard on the starting line to work and it will repeat when other car are having an issue =;[/quote]
If you're leaving on the t-brake, why do you think the squirter nozzles are affecting your 60'? The shot should be all gone by the time the brake releases.

Rick[/quote]

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems