Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Power Valves and Jetting
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:33 am 

Some dummy, me, went to pull the car out of the garage last weekend and I forgot to remove the carb cover. After about 20 seconds or so I realized what the problem was.
After that it wouldn't idle. Pulled the plugs, cleaned them, and re-installed them, still won't idle. Guessing I blew the power valves, which I had planned on removing anyhow. My question, where should I go with jetting when I remove the power valves? Now it has 88's and 92's. Should I move the 92's to the primary, and put 96's in the rear, or does someone else have a better baseline I should start with?
Going to make a trip to the local speed shop this afternoon, hopefully I can get this squared away.
Also, should I just replace the plugs?
BTW, I have not yet read the book, Dominators for Dummies, so go easy, don't understand air bleeds, etc....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:42 am 

Thinking I would just make them square...92's or 96's and go from there...There been some talk about plugging the PV channel with a set screws so they don't draw fuel from each other.Mark and Bruce have been doing this and I did it on my gas and E85 carb.

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 am 

Is it a good idea to plug those then when u plug the block? I run tomorow and have a plug in there now front and back but i could plug those holes too, what is the reason for this? What does it do if not plugged , but the plug is still in there?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 am 

It idles again

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 am 
Site Admin

The plugs in the PVCRs keeps the two mainwells from drawing from each other. Since there is NO fuel available because the PV is missing, then if one booster happens to pull a little harder on the mainwell, then that open PVCR can draw fuel from the opposite mainwell.

All this "could" make one side richer and the other side leaner. If they're blocked, then if there's a stronger booster it can't draw from the other side.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm 

Ken0069 wrote:
The plugs in the PVCRs keeps the two mainwells from drawing from each other. Since there is NO fuel available because the PV is missing, then if one booster happens to pull a little harder on the mainwell, then that open PVCR can draw fuel from the opposite mainwell.

All this "could" make one side richer and the other side leaner. If they're blocked, then if there's a stronger booster it can't draw from the other side.

Ken Have u ever did a back to back test to see any improvement? or does it help the fuel curve any ?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:00 pm 

Well pulled the blocks and put the plugs in the channels. I figured it can't hurt.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems