Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: MAB-emulsion correlation
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 am 

OK, I got to thinking at work tonight and started trying figure out if the MAB is .026", how does having the E holes area larger than the MAB affect the events happening in the mainwell? If only X amount of air is availiable to the E holes it seems no change would happen until the area of the E holes was actually smaller than the MAB area. I understand what happens when I go bigger or smaller on each but emulsion area seems to be larger than the MAB almost all the time. This will probably require an explanation that I will have to read 5 times but will also help me better understand what's going on there and be able to better this these things! I hope I worded this correctly, it's 12:30am so...
Thanks in advance, Keith

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 am 

How it works is like this-- When you have say 2 jets in sequence (just like the MAB and the first E-bleed would be at the start of emulsion flow) if the upstream jet is 4 times the AREA of the downstream jet there is no effect upon the downstream jet caused by the upstream jet. Its the same for the other way around, if the downstream jet is 4 times larger in area the upstream jet becomes the sole mixture controlling jet.
So if you have say the MAB at .026" and the e-bleeds also at .026" and there are 4 of them, once all four are flowing air the MAB size becomes the sole restriction. At conditions where there are say only 3 jets flowing the amount of flow is partly controlled by the MAB and partly controlled by the combined area of the e-bleeds.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:15 am 

Air is compressible. So even though you have more bleeds the same size as the main, it still flows more the more you add, to the point that shrinker discussed.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 am 

Thank you gentlemen! I knew I'd have to read this a few times to understand but I think I got....sort of.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems