Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: 80586 alcohol carb
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:19 am 
Site Admin

I've heard some numbers for the PCI bowls when they were available and $400 seems to sound right, but I may be wrong on that. Ya have to remember that I'm the guy that can't remember what day it is half the time! ;-)

But back to the the needle seat thingie. Remember that BLP is developing a new low pressure needle seat that they believe will solve the supply and demand problem with methanol carbs with single needle seat bowls. Mile Laws has been in here several times with info on that setup but to my knowledge, they are not on the market yet? :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
Remember that BLP is developing a new low pressure needle seat that they believe will solve the supply and demand problem with methanol carbs with single needle seat bowls. Mile Laws has been in here several times with info on that setup but to my knowledge, they are not on the market yet? :-k

I hope he makes a lot of them. I think they'll sell fast. I'll take a few. I just finished a 421 build. Put it on the dyno with customers Willy's carb. It went lean right from the start of the pull. The owner had replaced the needle and seat with stock Holley parts. #-o When you eliminated your power valves, how much did you go up on jet size?
Bob

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am 

Not positive but thinking 8#'s would be a start and I have been using 120/130 needles and seats for some time now..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Rodz wrote:
When you eliminated your power valves, how much did you go up on jet size?
Bob

That's a good one and if you find a concrete number, then please let me know. ;-)

Barry mentioned around 8, some say 10 and others say 6. What I will tell you is that you need to tune your engine for best power/MPH with NO PV in! Once you have the best power jet then you can go to a PV in the primary and work back to that number.

FYI, the reason this PV no PV jet number is up in the air is that the PVCR is likely different on most all Holley fixed orifice blocks and also because most carb builders tap those holes so that that the PVCR orifice can be changed.

And as usual, your mileage may vary! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems