Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:38 pm 

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3&star15t=

Is there any truth to this? On one of the subjects over on speed talk they say there is a performance gain if you place a screen just on the other side of the booster. To break up the gas droplets into a fine mist. Is this fact or bullcrap? How could one make the screen secure? I would have a hard time trusting epoxy. Would a screen on the manifold plate gasket achieve the same thing. One of my friends was talking about some kind of screen for my car, because he said that the spreadbore was uneven and would load the back pistons more than the front. I just kind of ignored it. I have had several of my 455’s apart and never noticed anything like that. I never saw grooves from a high volume oil pump either.

Just primer

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:53 pm 

"your boosters" sorry I'm always in a hurry. I have a four year old and a two year old.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:09 pm 

No, you will have more success with annular boosters in a 4150 or Dominator with more smaller discharge holes. The factory Dominators have 8 hole inserts, you can get 16 or 18 hole inserts with smaller holes than the factory inserts.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

There's been several things over the years that were "suppose" to do what you're talking about. The "super sucker" was the last one out I believe. J C Whitney carried something years ago that was similar to a propeller that fit under the carb to supposedly promote better fuel mileage, more power and was just generally do all and fix all. Of course if you installed every gizmo that Whitney advertised as saving fuel, then you'd have to stop every hundred miles or so and dump gas out on the ground!

The day that I see an endorsement by some "reputable" engine builder is the day that I'll believe there's something to it. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:33 am 

Quote:
No, you will have more success with annular boosters in a 4150 or Dominator with more smaller discharge holes. The factory Dominators have 8 hole inserts, you can get 16 or 18 hole inserts with smaller holes than the factory inserts.

Wheres a good source for these?

Hysteric

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 am 

BLP,Quick fuel....

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems