Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:02 pm 

From the posts “Holley pump cams”, and “primary jet size”. I got my heli coil in and I went with 74p and 95s with my power valves still in. I understand why I should block them, but I hate the way the carb feels without them on the street. Feels flat to me. It was running so rich it was popping in idle and the air in the garage was hurting my eyes. So I went back to where I left off with 74p and 91s and it went into the secondaries for the first time without any hesitation in drive and shifting manual. I went up to 74p and 92s and it was a little stronger, drove it though town without any bog or hesitation. I now have 74p and 93s but haven’t tested it yet, its 100 degrees here today. Thanks for everyone’s help. I have been trying to make this carb work off and on for several years. I normally would just try something and drive it once then put it back away.

Just primer

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:13 pm 

And the final verdict, 74p, 94s without any popping or reaction. Feels strong. 4.5 pv in the primary and 10.5 pv in the secondary. Still feel a little cold blooded on the initial start up like it should.

Just primer

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems