Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Carter 152-875
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 pm 

I acquired a Carter 152-875 a couple of years ago. My wife’s grandfather was buying old cars left and right at the time and he pulled the electric pump off one of them and replaced it with factory. It was still working then. I believe it to have an internal regulator set at 8. When I goggle it, it seems to come up as a marine pump listing at over 200$. Sometimes parts get lost in old car transactions. How will I know if this pump has too much pressure for my Holley spreadbore, I assume that it would jump the needle even with the engine off, and the pump will run on? Is that correct? If the needles holds it to a standstill then I am OK right?

Just primer

Post subject: Re: Carter 152-875
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

You really need a pressure gauge on that thing!!!

Most standard viton Holley .110 needle seats will hold to around 8psig but you really don't need that much. If that is really a marine pump with a built in regulator then I doubt that it's going to be that high. You only need about 6.5psig max as two .110 needle seats will support around 700 hp at only 3psig according to Bill Jones over on ST.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems