Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Holley whatchamacallit
 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:17 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:01 pm
Posts: 140
On my 650 mechanical Holley spreadbore there is a small metal ramp that sets on the middle top two pins on the secondary side, partially blocking the square opening that leads to the vent tube. On my 800 mechanical spreadbore there nothing. Should I transfer this to the 800. All of my carbs are pre-owned. What is this for? Splash guard or air dam? Seems like it is probably one of those stupid none essential after thoughts to me.

Just primer

 Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:38 am
Posts: 11632
Location: Coming At Ya!
That piece is nothing but a splash guard, which is usually removed and replaced by a "vent whistle" on the primary side on drag applications. If you're into road racing or auto cross, then "vent whistles" should be used on BOTH ends.

Big Boyz Toyz!


Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: