Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: Holley pump cams
 Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

RE: Blasted spark plugs? I've got a set of blasted plugs in my SBC in the dragster now that went 4.98 @ 139+ on gas a couple of weeks back so yes they will work. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am 

That is very ironic. I read your post about cleaning up your plugs a few hours after you posted on this topic. I think that I will plan on a one shot WOT and read the plugs. I am also pondering cutting out a fuel pump block off plate and installing the electric one in line at the same location just to see if it is running out of fuel. I know it would be better as a pusher, but this would be an easy install and test. I do need a pressure gauge. Have always wanted one, never got around to it. I even gauge the temp on my tranny, I love to see exactly whats going on. The more I test different power valves the more I think they should be called an idle/cruise valve. They are out of the equation as soon as any real action takes place. I have been running 4.5's on my carbs for years. I was told that it was better to clean them up and lean them out faster. Now I am not so sure, maybe my old 650 would idle better with larger power valves.

Just primer

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 am 

Scratch that. Wouldn't affect the idle, only the transition just beyond idle.

Just primer

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:59 pm 

May have found something. Was inspecting the secondary pump housing and the fourth screw was beginning to strip. Replaced it with a longer screw. I do remember feeling that almost tight almost failure on that housing. Still want to read the plugs on one run and see where I am at. Found another rubber pump in an old Carter rebuild box that I had. Must have misplaced it years ago.

Just primer.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems