Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: opinions please.....
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 am 

I know i need to tune some but I kind of expected it to be in the VERY close ball park after spending 275 on it and trading my old carb for it that I gave 475 for. I got alot in this thing to be a paper weight.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

fast92stang wrote:
I know i need to tune some but I kind of expected it to be in the VERY close ball park after spending 275 on it and trading my old carb for it that I gave 475 for. I got alot in this thing to be a paper weight.

Welcome to the "real world"!

The two methanol 750s I have originally were gas carbs that cost me $1300 from Avanti Performance in Pa.

Then 2 years later Patrick James talked me into letting him convert them to methanol to the tune of another $800 for the two conversions.

Then less than a year later I wound up having to send them to Rupert to get them where I could use them and THAT cost me another $400!! Do the math on this and be happy! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
fast92stang wrote:

Welcome to the "real world"!

The two methanol 750s I have originally were gas carbs that cost me $1300 from Avanti Performance in Pa.

Then 2 years later Patrick James talked me into letting him convert them to methanol to the tune of another $800 for the two conversions.

Then less than a year later I wound up having to send them to Rupert to get them where I could use them and THAT cost me another $400!! Do the math on this and be happy! ;-)
well, I should count my blessings then. lol.......They never were right after patrick?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am 
Site Admin

fast92stang wrote:
lol.......They never were right after patrick?

Nope, and after horking with them for almost a year, I called Rupert then sent them to him. Patrick was always trying to blame the consistency problems on the car. Sounded like Oblamo, hey! And this was on a car that had 54% of it's 3459 lb weight on the 33.5x17x15 rear tires! O:) That thing will pretty much hook in a mud hole. One of these days I'll probably be back in that car and that may happen this summer at the local airport/dragstrip. ;-)

Did you map those carbs yet? :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:29 pm 

Just for a update, i never mapped carbs because my buddy took his and put it on his car while we were at the track. i sent it back to Rupert, he said it ran fine on test engine, but he was gonna go thru it again. he tore into it, checked everything again. he said he found some type of restrictors in the idle air bleeds. he doesnt know how they got there or why they were there. He said he usually just sprays wd40 in them and if it runs thru, he just blows them out and they are good to go, mine werent stopped up. Just restricted. He kept it long enough so that he could put it on his car and run it. I havent heard back yet but it is supposed to be shipped out and back to me soon.

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems