Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:18 pm 

JEFF69Z28 wrote:
Here is my plan:aeromotive a1000 pump mounted behind fuel cell #10 line from from fuel cell to pump then to regulator at carb,#6 from regulator to bowls on carb and #8 from regulator back to fuel cell.the a1000 is 600lbs an hour and 45psi at 13.5 volts,do you think this is good enough?

Yes however I would use a dash 12 from the tank to the inlet of the pump. With a full flow return system the pump passes its full capacity around the system and draws full flow from the tank at all times, it needs a large inlet. For the return line to be best with that dash 8 size you proposing it needs to have minimum number of bends as is possible on a chassis car. I dont know if this is a race car or a street car. If you cant regulate the pressure low enough then it will need a bigger return line to compensate for bends etc that may have to be there for street car chassis .
All bends preferably must have a minimum radius of over 8 times the tube outside diameter and must be formed by bending spring. No elbows allowed, if a fitting must be used to change direction it has to be a long radius bend. The fittings must be a brand that has a large internal hole, some of the junk now days is too small.
Your proposal is using a pump that is way over capacity for the current engine so you will have to deal with a lot of return flow GPH.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am 

does the fuel back to the tank have to be adjusted to a certain psi?

BEST TIME TO DATE 9.99 1/4 MILE @132MPH.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am 

shrinker wrote:
JEFF69Z28 wrote:
Here is my plan:aeromotive a1000 pump mounted behind fuel cell #10 line from from fuel cell to pump then to regulator at carb,#6 from regulator to bowls on carb and #8 from regulator back to fuel cell.the a1000 is 600lbs an hour and 45psi at 13.5 volts,do you think this is good enough?

Yes however I would use a dash 12 from the tank to the inlet of the pump. With a full flow return system the pump passes its full capacity around the system and draws full flow from the tank at all times, it needs a large inlet. For the return line to be best with that dash 8 size you proposing it needs to have minimum number of bends as is possible on a chassis car. I dont know if this is a race car or a street car. If you cant regulate the pressure low enough then it will need a bigger return line to compensate for bends etc that may have to be there for street car chassis .
All bends preferably must have a minimum radius of over 8 times the tube outside diameter and must be formed by bending spring. No elbows allowed, if a fitting must be used to change direction it has to be a long radius bend. The fittings must be a brand that has a large internal hole, some of the junk now days is too small.
Your proposal is using a pump that is way over capacity for the current engine so you will have to deal with a lot of return flow GPH.

what do you suggest then

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Jeff, is there a reason you can't mount a fuel cell in the front of this car? That would simplify things a bunch and would also be a bunch cheaper. Working from the back of the car to the front creates many problems that can be cured with a front mounted cell and pump and a whole lot less braided line. :-k

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
Jeff, is there a reason you can't mount a fuel cell in the front of this car? That would simplify things a bunch and would also be a bunch cheaper. Working from the back of the car to the front creates many problems that can be cured with a front mounted cell and pump and a whole lot less braided line. :-k

stock engine compartment,found one problem either my tach or msd is telling the light to come on 500 rpm past where I set it and it is on the rev limiter,I set the tach lower and car went 10.09,10.08,9.99..not bad for a 3054 pound ss monte carlo with a 406 sbc.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:47 am 

Jeff I have seen this style tank in alot of stock style front ends.This one is aluminum they also have them in plastic..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-293203/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems