Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:09 am 

The other day i installed a 2 circuit 1050 on my motor i set the idle and noticed tha the adjustment screw wasnt touching the throttle linkage its at 1100rpm where i had my other carb set but i would like to come down a little.The carb is a brand new 8082-1 holley, what might be the problem? i just put it on right out of the box.

BEST TIME TO DATE 9.99 1/4 MILE @132MPH.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:54 pm 

Checked primary and secondary blades? Also make sure the blades are seating in the bores well and you have no vacuum leaks anywhere. You may have to slightly loosen the blades to get them square on occasion, just make sure they are tight when done if you have to do it. Did it come with any holes in the throttle blades?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

What Mark said, especially the butterfies squared up in the bores. Don't take those screws all the way out. Just loosen them enough allow the butterflies to find the center of the throttle bore. And loosen both sides too when you do this to make sure that they both square up at the same time.

Quality Control @ Holley has been an issue in recent years. You might want to check the T slots too to make sure you got the right amount of exposure once you get the idle set where you want it.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:54 am 

Your going to have to loosen that allen crew some also that is between them from the bottom of the carb as it also pinches the blades. If not you may not be able to move them...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:51 am 

jmarkaudio wrote:
Checked primary and secondary blades? Also make sure the blades are seating in the bores well and you have no vacuum leaks anywhere. You may have to slightly loosen the blades to get them square on occasion, just make sure they are tight when done if you have to do it. Did it come with any holes in the throttle blades?

No holes in blades

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:52 am 

Barry, his Ultra has no internal linkage, it comes with external linkage.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:08 am 

jmarkaudio wrote:
Barry, his Ultra has no internal linkage, it comes with external linkage.

Carb is a hp not ultra,8082-2bk is the ultra,I have 8082-1 which is the hp carb

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm 

My mistake, I thought you were going with an Ultra carb. The Allen head bolts will need to be loosened to get the plates to move if you need. Also read over the 3 to 2 circuit conversion thread, there are starting calibrations that may help you initially even though yours is already a 2 circuit. And if your up for it, moving the idle feed restriction and installing a transition slot jet shown in those pages are worthwhile modifications.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 pm 

jmarkaudio wrote:
My mistake, I thought you were going with an Ultra carb. The Allen head bolts will need to be loosened to get the plates to move if you need. Also read over the 3 to 2 circuit conversion thread, there are starting calibrations that may help you initially even though yours is already a 2 circuit. And if your up for it, moving the idle feed restriction and installing a transition slot jet shown in those pages are worthwhile modifications.

MARK and everyone else that has commented on this subject thanks for all the info.
Jeff

Board index » Racing Forum » Fuel Systems