Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: engine diaper
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 am 

im sure you guys know starting next year all s st cars have to have a diaper. my 70 chevelle has a stock front suspension and front to rear engine placement. its a bbc with a moroso kickout pan with a scraper and windage tray.the pan had to be modified with boxed enclosures where the inner tie rods would hit the pan when against the steering gbox locks. also, the draglink is within .060 of the pan. my big question is how i get a diaper to conform to the pan where its been modified for the inner tierod clearance. looks like i will have to make a fixture and cut the center out of the drag link and fab a new piece thats lower for more pan clearance. this is a pain in the ***. i should just build a chassis car i guess . i talked to dre about it and the guy sounded like a pretty good dude. wanted to see what someone else did

Post subject: Re: engine diaper
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

gnicholson wrote:
im sure you guys know starting next year all s st cars have to have a diaper. wanted to see what someone else did

Run outlaw tracks! As long as you are breathing and the car has 4 tires and runs they don't care! ;-)

This and that regulation bullsqueeze has got to stop! It's all about the sanctioning bodies mandating rules to benefit this or that manufacturer in exchange for $$! Screw'em! I'll quit racing before I let them continue to nickel and dime me to death! It's already expensive enough just to maintain a tow vehicle, trailer and a race car without these assholes adding useless s**t for their "good old boy" friends that build useless crap they want to sell by decree! Today it cost me $71 in diesel fuel and $35 at the gate not counting wear and tear on all this equipment that eventually wears out just to make 3 passes and then load up and go home because the damn place was too crowded!

OK, I'm done! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 pm 

i feel the same way. its a load of crap. seat belts every two years. sending in shields that are the same as new now this for whats supposed to be the entry level class

Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 pm 

After the universal diaper fiasco i bought a custom made DRE with the same pan the OP is using. It fits like a glove and may even clear a stock clip. It was so tight to the engine the NHRA inspector only knew I had one because of the straps holding it on, it fit that well.

As far as changing equipment that is only out of date I'll go with Ken on this one. It's pointless to replace parts that have no moving parts every few years to keep them up to date. It's meadow muffins, and not even high qulity ones at that.

However, when we go to play in the NHRA sandbox we gotta play by thier rules.

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech