Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm 

Are any of you guys running one or seen it up close,just ordered 1 today,swaping my dart out!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Steve don't know of anyone on here with THAT much engine! ;-) I guess we'll see if anyone has seen one but if I were you I'd call Tom Kidd over at Sonny's and ask him about it. If it's something new out that's any good he would know since he's the dyno operator over there.

I got the engine back in the Camaro so we're going to Roxboro Saturday to test and smell some smoke. You might as well load up and come on with us! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:25 pm 

Call Curtis at RFD, he had a hand in the design. Must have at least a 632 or a very high winding 565+, like Texas Pro Stock.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 pm 

That intake info is all over YellowBullet pg18 or so, sorry Ken =P~ don't mean to redirect people.... but the Texas P/S guys have been doing some testing and are making over 1225 hp with a 565 and that is with this new intake that Curtis had his hands on and it was mildly ported with conventional style Dart heads with 22.0 deg valve angle and they started out with the same intake I have, the Edel. 2916 heavly breathed on too and then switched to the new intake. Summit sells them also, and a decent price. There is pics of it also.

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Guys shicks is a member over there so he already knows what's been posted on it there.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:49 am 

Yea,ive been waiting for this intake to come out ever since RFD has been testing it,looks like its going to be a great intake for my little 582,ive got ralph @ RPM PERFORMANCE [former sonnys head and intake porter] going to do a littLe work to it .Good luck at roxbro Ken!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

shicks wrote:
Yea,ive been waiting for this intake to come out ever since RFD has been testing it,looks like its going to be a great intake for my little 582,ive got ralph @ RPM PERFORMANCE [former sonnys head and intake porter] going to do a littLe work to it .Good luck at roxbro Ken!

BUG IN YOUR EAR! Dennis Wheet, a member on here that I pissed off with some urethane questions a few weeks back, is GOOD friends with Curtis Boggs, ie, RFD, the developer of this intake. Cboggs here on MSV (aka RFD) is also a member here but doesn't visit often as there's not enough business here on this board to keep him coming back. I know of Ralph (and so does Curtis) and his work from some local guys and if I were you I'd look around. Although Dennis and I aren't actually on speaking terms, (did I mention I pissed himo off) the fact that he's in tight with Curtis (RFD) would make him my first choice on this intake!!!

If you'd like his info, give me a call at home. You have my number! ;-)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:28 pm 

Ralph has been doing my heads and intakes for 10 plus years,ive always ran fast and never had any problems,plus when i need something done in a pinch,he gets right on it and just a hop skip away,sure the other guy is good,but ill stay local for now,thanks,steve

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm 

plus i talked to curtis a few weeks ago about getting some work done on my new sonnys bb5 heads for my new 632,they flow 440 now,hes going to rework them alittle more and reflow them,hes top notch for sure..

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

shicks wrote:
plus i talked to curtis a few weeks ago about getting some work done on my new sonnys bb5 heads for my new 632,they flow 440 now,hes going to rework them alittle more and reflow them,hes top notch for sure..

FYI, Dennis doesn't do anything with this stuff BEFORE he talks to Cutris!! Believe me, I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can continue to use Ralph all you want but I'm telling you that HE doesn't have all the answers on THIS intake. Dennis DOES as Ralph DOES NOT have a direct line to CURTIS!!!

Your choice though!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 am 

Actually, .. Ken, I don't come here often cause honestly, .. I just don't have time.
nothing personal at all, ..

and yes Dennis is a friend of mine, .. but if shicks likes his guy, then that's fine.

I did design the intake, as well as the new short deck version out in a few months.

I wouldn't be porting on the SV-632 much, .. it's fairly large and is based off of a very heavily ported
intake to start, .. unless you have some R&D time on it, .. likely best left stock.
I will say Dennis is very capable but I think he's as busy as I am, .. and that's damn busy.
I can ask him if he has time but I think I know the answer.

It does need good heads to work best, .. 450+cfm like the current advanced stuff like my RFD 24
or the Brodix HeadHunters. The BB-5's can work well but they need larger valves ( 2.35+ ) and some work to
get them up around 460+

Curtis

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:03 pm 

Curtis,i talked to you last week about this intake being on my 582 nos engine with the bb2x ,i will inform you of the results of changing it from the dart intake,i had my porter just smooth out the dividers and just a gasket match,ill be trying it out this weekend,steve hicks

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

shicks wrote:
ill be trying it out this weekend,steve hicks

Too cold and too much rain? O:) If you're talking about going to Piedmont that is. That track will be crap with the rain and cloudy weather, been there, done that with much less HP than you.

We're going to test somewhere weekend after this coming as it looks like some warm days leading up to that weekend. After the trip to Waynesboro the other week I'm not going to waste my time, money and car on crappy race tracks.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:17 pm 

Got a race at shadyside dragway sunday,big money race supposed to be 71,cant wait,steve

Post Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

shicks wrote:
Got a race at shadyside dragway sunday,big money race supposed to be 71,cant wait,steve

Good luck, and bring it home in one piece!!! ;-)

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech