Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 pm 

Good to hear about the problems with the NEW GM blocks. I happen to have a BRAND NEW "old" Nascar GM block I am trying to sell. I just sent in a question to the admin about posting it and a couple of other excess items here. Just not here long enough to know the rules and don't want to be a bad boy!! :~) This block was bought for a Comp project that didn't get funded. Still in the shipping box from GM Motorsports With CNC specs and sonic check report sheets. This is the real deal for blocks. As for the 3.75 bore BB the largest head I would run on it would be something like 3 xtra or some head with a chamber of around 4.44. I think that is the size of Brodix house CNC chamber they use it on 2 xtras and -2 Plus heads. A 2.3 valve pushes that chamber size. You could put a 4.5 chamber on it, but I would do a .060 dowel shift on that to get the intake away from the wall. Getting the intake off the wall helps more than putting the ex over the wall hurts. I have done a few of those tall truck blocks for boat racers. I'm doing a 512 right now for a street Chevell w/9-1 compression and Brodix -2 Plus heads. I have even full filled one and taken to 4.44 bore. I had to sonic check 3 blocks to find one that had enough meat. Those truck blocks are quite a few lbs slimmer than aftermarket blocks. My boat customers are real serious about weight and know the factory 502 block is also lighter than Dart or World blocks.
well, so much for my .02
Adger Smith

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech