Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: Canton oil pan #13-330
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:42 pm 

How many if any are useing this pan and thoughts thinking of useing on 69 Chevelle.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:06 pm 

Is that a small block pan? I have a big block Canton pan # 15-350 and it fits like a glove. ;-)

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:19 pm 

It is a BBC pan is under race pans top right on their site. Pan is 9 1/2 long sump and 9 inch deep no kick out 4 1/4 deep at front with angled sides for tie rod clearance. Has crank scraper, built in windage screen and trap door in sump area. I had resently purchased Moroso 20-411 street strip pan and after inspection returned to vender. The moroso had trap door and you could use factory windage tray. It seems like at minimal cost increase the Canton will perform better. Was curious how others rated this product. I will be useing the 13-330T for my Gen 6 block. New 509, 6.385 rod , Wiesco piston 11.3 comp, afr 290cc head, 260 -266 solid roller, VIC jr , 1000 cfm.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 pm 

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-13-330T/?rtype=10 Here is best I can do for a pic

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:44 pm 

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-13-330/?rtype=10 This shows it better

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:43 pm 

Mine looks alot like that too, mine is for a stroker crank and I use a 6.800 long rod too O:) I also got there pickup screen. I have had only one issue, and that was with the pickup screen support brackets, they broke on my engine and I had to reinforce them and reweld them, but I have a somewhat kranky camshaft too \:D/ but I dout if you will have any problems. Mine is race only. I think I paid a little over $360. for mine with the pickup and the dipstick & tube and bolts. Nice pan and I like mine alot.

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 pm 

Elkyman how is oil preasure on the brakes

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:23 pm 

Just re read your reply how big is your motor and how fast are you. :-

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:24 pm 

There's supposed to be oil pressure when on the brakes???? O:) Uh ohhhh \:D/ juuuuuuuust kidding, it is execellent, the door closes draining oil comes down and continues to fill the pickup area, and the oil that is in there stays in that area for pickup thru the pump. I use a filter re-location kit also from Perma-cool and I run 7 qtrs of oil with about 6.5 in the pan and the rest is in the lines and filter. I have no issue's at all, just keep enough oil in the pan and get a dipstick if possible, and double check the calibration of the stick itself. Let me know if you need help with that part also, it's easy to do. I also run a 15 psi pressure switch to a big light on my steering column, & you can get them thru Jegs/Summit and I use that with a "T" formation setup to also run a line for a guage \:D/ Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:26 pm 

I had a Canton box pan and like John said it cracked in spots and had to tig it back together here and there but over all it was a decent pan for the money... Just make sure that the pickup tube is welded to the pump and has a brace if not make one or it will break off..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 pm 

blasttime wrote:
Just re read your reply how big is your motor and how fast are you. :-

505 tall deck 13:5:1 comp. Dart 325 Pro 1 heads(Alum) 4.250 crank, 6.800 H-beam rods. I launch at 4600-4800 and shift at 6500-7000 and cross the stripe at 78-8000 rpm's and it sings like Poverottie =; I an not exact on the power but I will know in the next month or so as I am yanking it out for dyno pulls. I am adding nitrous for next year. I hit the traps at about 136-137mph and then I am on the brakes HARD!!!!! off & on until it get's slowed down. It weighs 3520lbs with me in it. I would say, somewhere between 675 -800hp, but I am not sure, it has run a best of 9.81 and it ran a 9.87 in St. Louis about 3 weeks ago and never hit the 9's again that weekend, fuel issue's =P~ ](*,)

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 pm 

Beretta wrote:
I had a Canton box pan and like John said it cracked in spots and had to tig it back together here and there but over all it was a decent pan for the money... Just make sure that the pickup tube is welded to the pump and has a brace if not make one or it will break off..

X2 on what Barry said, and even though it has a bracket that goes under one of the oil pump cover bolts, it may still fracture and break, also check the welds on the pan in the dark with a flashlight to double check the pan. They have gotten better with there products over time.

It is overall a good pan.

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 pm 

Thank you for replys good luck with spray. I have 69ss chevelle stock suspension ( Wolf Racecraft with Anti roll bar ) 28 x 10.5 , 4.11 , 4500- 4700 stall foot brake car weighing 3500 lbs. Ran 10.55 s @ 127 with 502 GM rec port and HYD roller. Expecting 750 - 770 from new combination http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz80 ... g&newest=1

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 pm 

Nice car, and very respectable for the power and et. It takes a lot to go past 10's for sure and even more to go past 9's but were all nuts anyway so what the heck [-( :- =; Good luck with your new bullet. ;-)

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 am 

Elkyman heres a link to calculaters that you might look athttp://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm Very nice car and thank you again for replys Bob

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech