Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: Next Season
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:48 pm 

What do you guys think of this idea. I have been wanting to go to alcohol for awhile.
I think I would like to get a Flying Toilet and a new Dart block to stick my 422 rotating kit into.
I think along with this I need a Alcohol related cam too. I wonder if it will be quicker... How much quicker. And I am sure it would be more consistent. Idea's and opinions?

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post subject: Re: Next Season
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:12 pm 

That flying toilet is the next best thing since sliced bread. It is dummy proof.We went from a 5.55 to a 5.30 right out of the box. 60 ft went from a 1.26 to a 1.18 mph was 124-126 to a 129-130. And the best thing you can call them any time you need to. James monroe is a gret guy to work with. I sent him a email one sunday thinking it will be monday before I would hear anything, (NOT) is was about 20 min and he email me right back. You can go to www.killerrons.com they had the kit on sale for $1600 dollars. And if I can help any way please let me know. I know there is a lot of great carby guys here but not to many inj. guys. That is just my 2 cents. Kenny

Post subject: Re: Next Season
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 am 

My experience with methanol is that injection is the way to go for it. Injected methanol motors are really nice with the right cam and stuff in them. They run consistent and are dial-able to the weather really easy. I dont know about the toilet's, never used them, but normal Kinsler injection is fantastic. I realize your going to use a Toilet because it will bolt to the manifolds you already have etc so if you set up secondary bypasses and high speed bypasses correctly its an excellent alcohol setup.

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech