Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:23 pm 

Haven't heard from you in a while, so, what is going on with your new engine program???
Enquiring minds want to know =; =;

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

R.i.p. Doug Cunningham, gone, not forgotten.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm 

John, good to hear from you. I was going to send you an email the other day to see how you have been doing. The new engine is sitting in my shop waiting for next season. My first race of the year was a week and a half ago. I got very busy at work. I spent about 3 months working 7 days a week. I was worn out. I got almost no work done on the car. I finally got a break and put the car back into action with the old parts. I am going to continue buying some pieces and hopefully do the car over the next winter. Car still runs mid 8's, driver still cant cut a light. I was first round runnerup on Saturday and then redlighted in the second round on Sunday. I was having fun even though it was hot and humid.
When are you heading to the track. I would love to get out your way some weekend.
Dennis

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:11 pm 

Heyyyyyy Dennis,

Good to hear back from you now \:D/ Well, at least you still have a job right? that's a good thing. Sorry I did not get this mail in time but in the beginning of Aug. I was going balls to the wall trying to finish my new backhalf up, and then my wife and I went to Alaska for a week and then I went racing the next weekend after that locally and didn't do so well, but learned more about the Elky. then I just got back from St. Louis on the 11th of Oct. from the NMCA event and that weekend didn't go so well either, something about driver error :- I missed turning on the fuel pump switch right before the burnout box for first round and right after 2nd gear, WHAMMM, nose dive, gauge red zero and the switch was off, so, I called it a season after that. =P~

Lots to do over the winter on my end also and not much cash to buy parts wanted, but I will do what is most needed to get things going again for next year. Keep us informed as to what's going on when you have time and I will do the same.
Good to hear from you again. =;

John

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Post Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:58 am 

Elkyman - I am going to give you call here this winter as I get working on getting the car together for next year. I miss talking racing with you. I need to pick up the pace this winter.
I have taken on teaching a class on Saturdays for a company locally so my racecar time on weekends has been cut in half. Extra work is what screwed me up so bad last year. But the money is too good to turn down.
Several changes in effect for the car. Going to the 540, changeover to alcohol, gear change, trans needs freshened and I will probably have some things changed inside, convertor change. Building a new wing for the front of the car to smooth airflow over the new fuel cell. On top of that the driver needs to go on a diet. Damn I should be fast next year.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:46 pm 

Damn I should be fast next year.

LOL!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:43 am 

I'll be here, and talk with Baretta also, as his 540 pulled some great power numbers on the dyno ;-) I don't see why yours couldn't peak with over 1000 hp either with alky =; damn, your gonna go fast next year =; \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Motor City Muscle
Induction-Solutions
Fuelab Fuel System
D & S Engines
My Wife & Family

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech