Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: Intake Gasket
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:06 pm 

Hey Guys I was checking my lifter to ease my mind today and found that the intake gasket has been sucked-in between #1 and #3 What causes this? When I put my intake on I always stick my hand down inside the intake and make sure the intake gaskets are all just right with the ports, so I really don't think it was misaligned. Also seen on top of 2 valves oil standing the port floor was wet also along with the bottom of the intake gaskets..oil soaked.
I am going to get another set on order but would like to hear any idea's if anyone has any.. Thanks

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post subject: Re: Intake Gasket
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 am 

us7race wrote:
Hey Guys I was checking my lifter to ease my mind today and found that the intake gasket has been sucked-in between #1 and #3 What causes this? When I put my intake on I always stick my hand down inside the intake and make sure the intake gaskets are all just right with the ports, so I really don't think it was misaligned. Also seen on top of 2 valves oil standing the port floor was wet also along with the bottom of the intake gaskets..oil soaked.
I am going to get another set on order but would like to hear any idea's if anyone has any.. Thanks

I like to silicone the gasket and tape it in place with the intake sitting on it while the silicone sets up, then bolt the intake down the next day. the silicone keeps those thin gasket strips in place. I like to also use a non-stick spray coating on the intake side of the gasket so you can remove it w/o screwing up the gasket. The intake surface and head need to be aligned, flat and both angles the same for this to work.

Rick

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:41 pm 

I like to use weatherstrip adhesive glue it to the head and set the intake on for about 5 minutes.

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:57 am 

us7race wrote:

Seen this and the intake bolts loosened and caused the bottom on the intake gasket to suck in,and use/burn oil..I usually silicone all the bolts to keep them from losening up,kinda like a cheap lock tite but easier to remove.... =;

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:23 pm 

Tray I normally use silicone on all of the bolts except the corner 4 since they are not in oil.
I think I will just do them all to this time and also use that weatherstrip adhesive glue on them as well. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 pm 

Beretta wrote:
I like to use weatherstrip adhesive glue it to the head and set the intake on for about 5 minutes.

Gorilla Snot...That stuff works.... =; I like it cause its yellow.. 8-[

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:04 am 

Black RTV both sides ;-)

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech