Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: New dyno numbers
 Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 pm 

The 1108 was on Q-16 that was previosly. 1070 on 114 fuel.. The NEW numbers are 1110hp on 114 sonoco fuel.. Itll be a fun season !!!

Post subject: Re: New dyno numbers
 Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm 

What changes did you make to the engine?

Randy

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:41 pm 

Curtis did his touch up on the heads, went from a msd pro-power coil to the HVC 2. That was worth about 10hp, upping the comp from 15.1 to 16.25, this one amazes me, my boss Jeff had a burr up his arse to make a set of merge collectors like hes got his sonnys motor. I had the hooker 2 3/8" merge collocters on mine. Tried the ones he made and that was worth a good 15 hp.. Other than that nothen new on it..

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Ah yes, Curtis Boggs! \:D/ That's the guy that use to come in here once and a while but doesn't any more? :-k I guess I can add him to the list of people that I've pissed off while I was sleeping. O:)

Seriously though, gotta love them heads he did for me a few years back. Still got his 18"x6" logo on my hood scoop! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 am 

OBSESSED wrote:
went from a msd pro-power coil to the HVC 2. That was worth about 10hp, .

What igition box?
Did you use the same ignition box on the dyno, as you run in the truck?

OBSESSED wrote:
this one amazes me, my boss Jeff had a burr up his arse to make a set of merge collectors like hes got his sonnys motor. I had the hooker 2 3/8" merge collocters on mine. Tried the ones he made and that was worth a good 15 hp.

What was the difference in the two collectors?

Randy

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm 

The dyno numbers are transformed into crank power. I use the dynojet chassis dyno at the shop where i work. Chassis loss is 31%...766 at the tire..Its the same 7al-2 box. Intsead of the pro-power coil, i bought a HVC2 coil. Well worth the $$ on that. The collector jeff built , the cone piece is shorter, sharper and more contoured, where the pipes come in there is no gap like ya see on some collectors. These hooker merged ones, the cone is loooong and there is about 1/4" gap that has been welded between the pipes caause irt is a formed collctor. Jeffs is made out of individual pieces.

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:51 pm 

Ken0069 wrote:
Ah yes, Curtis Boggs! \:D/ That's the guy that use to come in here once and a while but doesn't any more? :-k I guess I can add him to the list of people that I've pissed off while I was sleeping. O:)

Seriously though, gotta love them heads he did for me a few years back. Still got his 18"x6" logo on my hood scoop! ;-)

Good God man, .. you sure know how to make a guy feel bad, .. < as I tuck my head under my arm, looking up
with those guilty puppy dog eyes >
I'm sorry, .. really, .. can I still be your friend ????????

OK, yea yea I know, .. don't hang around here much any more, .. but to be honest, .. I have been so fed up
with the internet I've been trying to stay off. BUT, that's a good reason I should be here, .. not so many
people throwing stones here.

I'll try to come over here more often, ..

been busy as heck, WAY too busy, .. but have some really cool stuff going on.
New LS-R head is going on a N/A LS build of around 400", trying to make over 1000hp, ..
sold a set to Warren Johnson for one of his LS builds too, .. ..
Working with John Urist on his SSO championship combo, and made some nice gains, .
new set of 5" bore space heads for Spiro Pappas, ..
Hemi Ford pro stock, .. new DRCE3 program, ..

and still single :-

Brian, .. need to try the Q-16 to see what that does, .. should be close to 1130-1140 ??

curtis

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech