Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: Water Neck Problem Now?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

This sheet metal intake has presented me with another problem. The thermostat housing is too tall and I can't put a cap on there so I'll need something else to be able to put water in through. Either one of the items in these pics will work so if you got one of these laying around and want to part with it, I might be your guy. ;-) As long as it's "cheap"! =;

Image Image

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm 

Which would work best? The inline version is half the price of the the one that bolts to the intake, I just took one of the intake versions off mine and put a surge tank on it...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm 

Ken, I hope you see a little ET improvement, for your trouble.

How much will you need to see, to make it worth it.

Randy

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Mark with price being equal I think I'd rather have the one that fits on the intake as the Moroso thermostat housing on my engine is the high point in the system. The one in the hose would work also but there's not much clearance between that hose and the fuel filter on my belt drive pump and I'd have to buy another hose.

Randy I won't be surprised if there is NO gain in performance although it would be nice. Basically what I'm looking forward too is being able to tune each cylinder's WFO EGT with the jet that feeds that cylinder. With the single carb I had to run zip ties in the boosters to do that. Maybe this will help with consistency also.

All that and you got to admit that NOTHING looks as awesome as dual carbs on a sheet metal tunnel ram. \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Got in touch with Ron on this and his warehouse didn't have any in stock. That and he was headed back in the hospital and didn't have time to try to locate one so I did a search and found one of the two online cheaper than Summit so went ahead and ordered it.

Problem solved for the moment but there has been plenty of'em to date and will probably be more before it's running! :-

NEXT!

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech