Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 pm 

I just wanted to share that I had a chance to spend some time with Curtis this weekend and got to see an example of my new Monster 15's he's doing for me! One word....WOW! What a class act and a wealth of knowledge. I felt like a little school kid...LOL! The stories and the knowledge.... I basically got a class on air flow characteristics, valve train geometry, intakes, prostock, comp, and the business in general. Oh...and I'll stick with wiring...head porting is a dog eat dog world! LOL

I'm "freshening" up my old combo...the new is:
Dart little M, Callies Magnum XL 3.625, 15:1 gas ported 4.185 slugs, Oliver 6" rods, RFD Monster 15's, a Wilson GM spider 2 piece intake, and a domino on top...probably a SV!. I'm working with Charlie from Island Performance in Vermont on a cam...shaping up to be in the .875 lift range and 271/279 @ .050 on a 110....any takers on what it will make or run at 1600lbs? \:D/

Oh..the old was 3.625x4.125 (all eagle) with GM 363's and a 277/284 .707/.707 on a 109....ran 4.83 and 4.52 on a 175 shot.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:59 pm 

What'cha doing with the 363's?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 am 

There is a problem with Curtis

HE LIVE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY

Its too far to send a couple of heads air freight for work. But when you look at his web page, it sure makes your mouth water hey. I quite often visit his website and look at all the fruit, he sure is a class act that's for sure.

Everthing on this car is all done by myself
650 HP Plus 300 Nos
Best so far
1.38 60 ft, 6.3 1/8 at 110 mph and 10.2 at 135 mph, long way to go before i reach my low nine hey

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 am 
Site Admin

Clinker wrote:

Its too far to send a couple of heads air freight for work. But when you look at his web page, it sure makes your mouth water hey. I quite often visit his website and look at all the fruit, he sure is a class act that's for sure.

Guys I'm not taking anything away from the work Curtis does because I have a pair of heads that he did a few years back but you have to understand that when it comes to making something look pretty, not only is Curtis a head porter, but he's also a professional photographer. Here is a Google search with some of that info for you. There's some nice pics there too. So having said all that, do you have to wonder who took those "pretty" pictures of that head work! ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... 2699562940

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:50 am 

Brktracer wrote:
What'cha doing with the 363's?

Not sure just yet...they're probably for sale! They will be bare...I took valves and shafts for the new heads. These were ported in house at Dart about 3 years ago...never hurt! Make offer!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 am 

Ken0069 wrote:
Clinker wrote:

Guys I'm not taking anything away from the work Curtis does because I have a pair of heads that he did a few years back but you have to understand that when it comes to making something look pretty, not only is Curtis a head porter, but he's also a professional photographer. Here is a Google search with some of that info for you. There's some nice pics there too. So having said all that, do you have to wonder who took those "pretty" pictures of that head work! ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... 2699562940

Very well rounded and talented man...he has some of his work hanging throughout his house....WOW!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm 

WoW, ..

man am I humbled by this, .. .

cylinder heads is a dog eat dog world, .. so compliments mean so much more, ..
I'm speechless, ..

I can say, I really enjoyed spending time with Jeff, trust me he's every bit of a good person
as he seems on line, .. and his wiring work, man I can't wait to get my car back !!!

Jeff, maybe when you come back I can show you the new Ford Hemi prostock project
I'm working on, .. just no photos. ;-)

BTW, .. I'm always looking for nude models \:D/ ( women only )

C

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:49 pm 

Word of mouth is the best advertisement. That means more than all the flow numbers in the world.

Good work on the heads Curtis ... and the pictures you take of heads and intake are really good too. I can take a pic of a really nice looking port and it looks like a hack job in my pics.

Rick

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:37 pm 

rick360 wrote:
Word of mouth is the best advertisement. That means more than all the flow numbers in the world.

Good work on the heads Curtis ... and the pictures you take of heads and intake are really good too. I can take a pic of a really nice looking port and it looks like a hack job in my pics.

Rick

Rick,

or anyone here for that matter, .. if you ever need a good studio photo of a product or something
I'll be glad to help out, ..

c

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 pm 

CBoggs wrote:
WoW, ..

man am I humbled by this, .. .

cylinder heads is a dog eat dog world, .. so compliments mean so much more, ..
I'm speechless, ..

I can say, I really enjoyed spending time with Jeff, trust me he's every bit of a good person
as he seems on line, .. and his wiring work, man I can't wait to get my car back !!!

Jeff, maybe when you come back I can show you the new Ford Hemi prostock project
I'm working on, .. just no photos. ;-)

BTW, .. I'm always looking for nude models \:D/ ( women only )

C

Curtis, I'll be one on one with your car after this next weekend! \:D/ Have you had a chance to look at my intake and valves yet? Gotta start looking at money to spend :-({|=

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:14 pm 

It's amazing the quality he puts out, with only a hammer and chisel.... =; =; =; Kidding, of course. So Curtis, did you find some rims? Let me know if not.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 pm 

jmarkaudio wrote:
It's amazing the quality he puts out, with only a hammer and chisel.... =; =; =; Kidding, of course. So Curtis, did you find some rims? Let me know if not.

I don't know if Curtis found any rims, but I have been looking for some 16x16's w/ 4" bs and 4-3/4" pattern. No luck so far.

Rick

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 am 

No rears, I think he was looking for fronts for his dragster.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am 

No I haven't found any reasonable deal on a set of fronts, ..
can't spend $1,000 on a set of front rims, .. but it looks like there's not much
that's less then the Mickey Thompson's, .. $395 each, .
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MTT-77252125/

NOT what I want to spend, ..

Marc, .. did you ever get a decent manifold on your sb2.2, . .. you're making my heads look bad. ;-)

curtis

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

CBoggs wrote:
Marc, .. did you ever get a decent manifold on your sb2.2, . .. you're making my heads look bad. ;-)

curtis

Saw a cast SB2 intake the other day at Kowalsky's shop and it's a nice looking piece!

http://www.mmcompetitionengines.com/

Cost is in the $1600 range depending on who you know. This mainfold is also CNC'd too. Ya might want to giv'em a call as there aren't any pics on their unfinished website.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech