Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: odd setup
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm 

Well, I was just mocking up some of the parts I got from my buddy that gave me the dragster, and I've ran into a bit of a problem. Here's what I've got: An older Merlin block, tall deck, race prepped w/billet main caps, a set of Dart race series heads, 400 cc intake ports, a Dart single plane intake for tall deck w/4150 carb pad, and a Brodix HVC intake for tall deck, with an integral spacer for 4500 carb. I've got a few other parts, but these are the ones I played with tonight. Anyway, I put the heads on the block (without gaskets), and set the intakes on, also without gaskets, just to check fit. What I've found is that both intakes sit far enough away from the heads that the tall deck spacers you can get would just about fit! I've confirmed part numbers, so I know they are right, but I don't get it! Has anyone run into this problem before? The ports on both intakes are way smaller than the heads, but it looks like there is enough material to open them up accordingly. It's just that they don't fit!! Any opinions or info on this??? I haven't spent any money on any of the motor parts yet, so information now is a great thing!! Thanks guys!!!

Mark

http://www.livinthedreamracing.com

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech