Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech

Post subject: Brodix
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:07 pm 

The ups man showed up at my house today, with parts. My new FB 1001 bare castings, for a street motor. They looked good from 15 feet ](*,) I bought these off the discount rack from them, but this was a little much. The goof-up list started with no spark plug holes in 1 head, the deck surface was 2 different heights on both heads, both heads neede to be deburred almost everywhere (they did one area on one head but not the other #-o ). I had them out of the box for almost 10 minutes before reboxing them for return. Brodix said they would pay the freight and finish them, I guess we'll see. I had to have a beer after that mess...............
George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:04 pm 

George...there are several head guys here....they may be able to help you out if needed..... :-k :-k

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:37 pm 

Nobody's perfect, .. not even Brodix, .. ..

But I'd use a brodix head over just about any other if I can, ..
good stuff, .. and they'll make it right.
But you do have to be careful buying off of the discount list.

If you need any help let me know, ..

Curtis

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:05 pm 

Well I learned a lesson from them. Brodix doesn't do the following-deburr (They deburred the outside of one but not the other) they don't do a finishing cut on the deck- its 2 different heights from one side to the other for the lentgh of the head, when they drilled the holes for the rocker studs they went into the intake runner and left big chips hanging there. I laid them on the bench next one of the chinese/aussie castings and compared the finish work.I think the chinese head had a better delivered finish from the factory than the Brodix. But it is more than I paid for the Brodix. Would I buy another set of these again? Yes, I think the aluminum quality in the Brodix heads is better. But I have a customer that is going to wonder if why I am spending more upfront for an american made head when the knockoff is cheaper and looks better upfront. I get to convince him that the Brodix will last longer in his street car than the knockoff. Oh well if he doesn't want them I will keep them for myself.
Curtis thanks for the offer.
George

Board index » Racing Forum » Engine & Cylinder Head Tech