Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

They have got some really cheap prices on stuff so was wondering if any of you had ever dealt with them. They have that Comp Cams 6100 belt drive for an SBC for $472 where Jegs is $566?? That's a BIG difference and kinda makes me wonder about them??

http://autoplicity.com/

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 am 

I have no experince with them. But I did some checking around online and everyone seems to be happy with them. That price difference would have me wondering too.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Autoplicity
I also looked on a couple of forums where they were talking about the company and didnt find anything negative. I will keep looking a bit more.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:57 pm 

They have the BBB stamp on their page. That helps for sure. Looks ok.

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:33 am 

Not defending or pushing Jeg's but, they have an online price match option on thier pages. It works like this.

Click on the online price match option, then cut and past the page address where you found the cheaper part and insert the cheaper price where indicated. They'll match it. This has never failed for me and has saved me hundreds at a time. I recently needed a pair of Innovate gauges. They were 91 at Jegs but 77 somewhere else. Jegs met the price and I only had to pay the "handling fee" shipping.

Try it on anything it works.

On the other hand if you prefer not to buy from the big box, that's great also.

I just checked Ken's cam drive and jeg's will sell it for the same price, 472.44.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:35 am 
Site Admin

But then there's another way to look at this. Example: A new Orielly auto parts store opened up here back a couple of years ago. I kinda know the store manager there so I started dealing with them exclusively. Well, I got to checking on some of their prices lately and they were way higher on most stuff than the Advance Auto store across the road. The straw that broke the camel's back was a National oil seal for the pinion on my Dodge. Orielly was $27 and Advance Auto was $14?? Needless to say, I bought that seal from Advance along with $120 worth of Mobile 1 so I could change the oil.

Sent an online message to Orielly complaining about the price gouging and got a return Email from them stating that they would MATCH the Advance price if I asked them too?? My reply to them was that if I had to call two places just to get them to give me a fair price, then I'd only make one call to Advance in the future!

If Autoplicity is going to stay in business and keep prices lower then someone has to buy from them. I guess that someone will be me. I've priced several things from tires to gaskets and Autoplicity was cheaper than Jegs or Summit on all of them. I guess that's the price we pay for their race car sponsorships, hey.

Only complaint I have with Autoplicity is their website isn't racer friendly so I started looking up part numbers elsewhere then searching for that item on their site and that makes it easier. It also makes it easier to check the price difference from one place to another.

When I make that order next week, I'll let you guys know how it works out. ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 am 

I've been buying my parts from my machinist lately. A little more but, I need him to stay in business. As far as the run of the mill stuff, the NAPA in the next town. It's run by a racer.

I've had it with Advance, AutoZone, and places like that. They're incompetent and have a shallow inventory depth. I've written letters to them expressing my displeasure. They don't care.

One great thing about the internet and local stores. You can check stock, find out which store has it, reserve it, and go get it. NAPA is really good about this, too. They'll call you back and tell you your order is ready.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:51 pm 

I've found that when a customer comes in and asks if I can match Jegs and Summit If I do they are happy and I usually make money. On most of the lines I'm direct with they are a min of 27% more.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Got that engine out of the dragster today and will pull the pan tonight/tomorrow and check a few bearings. If all that looks good, then I may go ahead and spring for that Comp belt drive.

Oh, FYI for all you that read this. A couple of weeks back I went to that site and filled out the order form for that thing all the way up to time to pay for it then stopped and didn't finish that order. The next day I got an Email from them wanting to know what went wrong? I didn't answer it and a couple of days after that I got another Email from them offering me 2% off on my next order. So when I order it and some other stuff I'll get additional $$ off on the total order.

Not bad hey!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Ordered this Comp Cams 6100 belt drive last Friday afternoon and it was just delivered to my door for $490.74. Brand new in the box drop shipped direct from Comp Cams BTW. I had a problem with the order in that the 2% discount they had offered me was NOT taken off the price when the order was processed but I did contact them via Email and that 2% was credited to my Visa account Monday afternoon!

So far, so good where Autoplicity.com is concerned. Now if this Comp belt drive will fit OK, we be jamming!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics