Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: What a day!!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:56 pm 

Saturday was my Birthday and it turned out to very memorable. We were at Indy for the NMCA / LSX world finals. Friday we qualified second with a 11.017 on an 11.00 index.

Saturday started out kind of bad. We went from 2nd to 6th in qualifying cause many others stepped it up. Good for them. :) They wanted to run the whole event to day cause of storms coming in the next day. At around 3:30 they started eliminations and 2 pairs of cars made it down the track then it rained. It got cleaned up around 11 pm.

I got to help John Warren and family in the staging lanes and on the line and watch him win his first race in Extreme Street. Congrats. The air had changed that day and we had to tune the car way different than that morning. Jake had first round of eliminations at 11:53 PM!!!! He won. He won second round against a driver that beat him in the finals at Atlanta and also in Bowling Green. 3rd time is the charm. In the 3rd round he ran against a car with the same 11.00 index. So it was heads up. Jake had a .000 reaction time and the other guy (Wade Wells) Red lit. I noticed Jake slowed down and knew something was up. He drove it to the pit's and said it was breaking up bad. He went to start it he had no fuel pressure. So I took a voltage check and had volts at the pump so we thrashed to put in the old pump I kept for a spare while they were calling us to the lanes. Right there in the mix helping turn wrenches was Wade. This is why Nostalgia Muscle Car class is so awesome. When racers need help someone will be there even if you just beat them. We got it replace just in time for the semi final. Jake won that against Larry Flemming who won the race last year. Then it went to the final against Jerry Stamps who was just ahead of Jake in points. So it was winner take all for the championship. Jake had a .060 Red light to Jerry's .006 green. So Jerry is or should be the new Champion. Congrats Jerry and crew.

Jake Gave it his best shot and I'm very proud of him. He did a hell of a job. Oh by the way the final run was at 4:40 am!!!! Then we loaded the trailer and golf cart and made it to the hotel room at 7:15. got up at 11 am and ate at IHOP and got home around 4 pm.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post subject: Re: What a day!!
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm 

Nice job and congrats!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ After that you guys are winners!!!!!! ;-)

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm 

Thanks Barry. Jake jumped from 7th in points to second. We have to wait fot the final points to come out with bonus points.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 am 

Nice job Steve & Jake. It sounds like it was quite a marathon for you guys. Good job on the thrash and making the next round.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 am 

Thanks Chuck. It sounded like you had a interesting weekend your self ;-)

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics