Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Sonny's Racing Engines?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Well, I wasn't aware of this but seems that the IHRA has pretty much dumped most all their Professional classes and mountain motor Pro Stock was one of them? So the result of this is that businesses that cater to that engine program are basically out in the cold.

This reminds me of the Sonny's Automotive RAcing of years ago when Don Kowalsky, who had been with Sonny since he went in business, was shop foreman. Don built the first sheetmetal intake I ever saw way back then.

Ennywho, Don realized back then that there was money to be made building round track engines also and tried to get Sonny involved in that as well as the mountain motor craze that brought them on to the National stage. Sonny wanted none of that so Don left and started his own business and the rest, as they say, is history as Don has been involved in Cup, Nationwide and Late Model engines along with building most anything you'd want for drag racing.

Well, I was in Don's shop yesterday and found out from Kevin Simpson (former Sonny's employee) that Sonny's had a meeting with all the employees there early this week and put everyone on a 32 hour work week? Seems that the ADRL is the only sanctioning body that uses mountain motors now and business is really down at Sonny's Racing Engines.

Something was mentioned about "All Your Eggs In One Basket"? Yup, seen that happen before!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am 

I heard that the ADRL is having issues also..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics