Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Joliet.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 pm 

What a roller coaster of a race. The DA was 3140 with 98 water grains on average. O:) I couldn't pull the last 10th to make the 11.00 index. No mater what we did I couldn't get it better than 11.09. Timing, Jets, air bleeds. We even bought a new rotor and dist cap. :- So I went and talked with Derrick and Tony of Quick Fuel. I showed him all my data and what changes I tried. He asked some very good questions and I answered the best I could. The carb I have had old non adjustable metering plates so I was thinking I was missing something. We had been contemplating getting a new carb for a while so we decided to get a new Q 850. Derrick changed the power valve and idle bleeds.

When we pulled back in the pit they were calling classes to the lanes for first round eliminations. We are the 6th class called and they had called 3 already. We got it on and fixed leaks set pressure then turned up the idle a little. They called our class for first round elim. Jake ran a 11.02 with a small stumble off the line. We bumped up the front squirter two numbers and it seem ok.

Sunday morning we ran Second round he had a bad light and it stumbled a little more and it ran a 11.06. MPH picked up on both runs. Imagine what it will do with some fine tuning. Sat night we are going to Bowling Green to tune it up. Derrick will be there to help with the tuning. We worked a little sponsorship deal so we got a great deal. ;-)

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post subject: Re: Joliet.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 pm 

1st Qual run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7GoDS8yR0

Q2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNFMmFYM00

Round 1 Elim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltMpSZ_u4Y

Second Round Elims

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RAzYOTYNIE

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:13 am 

Steve so you got a QF carb??? They have a tendency to have a ton of e-bleeds. A buddy that lives behind me has one of those carbs and always seemed to have a stumble and run rich so back when Tuner was here I pmed him and we talked on the phone about it. Now it was a street car but just the same. Tuner gave me a tune up for it and it had 5 e-holes and Tuner had me plug most of them. It now runs like a different motor and also picked up gas mileage..
If you don't get it right I am sure Make can give you a tune up on it =; ..

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 am 

Thanks Barry. I will definetly get with you if I need it. the good part about being here is QF is right down the road. They will be at the track Sat while we are testing. They also sponsor the NMCA and are a continincy. =; They also make every NMCA race so if needed they are there.

Everyone in the class that runs them really like them and have no issues. You can also look at it this way, we are spending more time slowing this thing down than making it go faster O:) :- ;-) \:D/ \:D/

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics