Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:22 am 
Site Admin

Jeremy Mayfield comes to mind again with the news last week that Allmendinger tested positive for a "stimulant" and is now being represented by a toxicologist and a lawyer for the "B" test that won't happen until next week. O:)

According to reports on Jayski.com the original test was "marginal" meaning that there was very little of the "stuff" in him at the test but the type of test wasn't stated? If it was a GC-MS test then it's 100% accurate. I expect the first test was an immunoassay test that does leave some room for error and the "B" sample will be done using GC-MS, which will be the final word.

Good luck is all I have to say AJ cuz I've never seen or heard of these tests being proven wrong and working in the Nuclear field all those years I participated in more than my share of piss tests! ;-) At one site I was random tested 3 times in one week and thought I was pissing for a living instead of working. O:) ;-)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:51 pm 

I remember giving samples at least once a week when I was in the military! Saw plenty of Marines that KNEW they were going to piss still do something stupid!!!

http://www.livinthedreamracing.com

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm

Quote:
Allmendinger Indefinitely Suspended From NASCAR Competition: AJ Allmendinger, driver of the #22 Dodge in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, has been suspended indefinitely from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body's substance abuse policy. On July 24, Allmendinger was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (NASCAR's substance abuse policy) of the 2012 NASCAR rule book. As outlined in the rule book, NASCAR next will provide Allmendinger a letter outlining a process for reinstatement. By agreeing to the letter, he will be allowed to participate in the Road to Recovery Program.(NASCAR)
Penske Racing Statement: "In accordance with NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy, Penske Racing was notified today of AJ Allmendinger's positive B sample test. We respect NASCAR's policy and the process they have taken with this matter. Penske Racing is very disappointed with the result of the B sample test and will evaluate its course of action as it pertains to AJ over the coming week. Sam Hornish Jr., will drive the #22 Dodge Charger this weekend at Indianapolis and next weekend at Pocono."(Penske Racing)
Walldinger Racing Statement: Aegis Analytical Laboratories in Nashville has delivered the results of the "B" sample test for Penske Racing driver AJ Allmendinger, which confirmed the results of the "A" test. Statement from Tara Ragan, Vice President, Walldinger Racing Inc. "This was not the news we wanted to hear and we will work to get to the source of what may have caused this. To that end, we have secured the services of an independent lab to conduct thorough testing on every product within AJ's home and motor coach to find what might collaborate with his test, which created results that were within nanograms of accepted standards. We are working closely with NASCAR and Penske Racing to identify the next action steps in this process. We continue to be extremely grateful by the breadth and scope of support for AJ from his fans and partners. We would like to again thank NASCAR, Penske Racing and all our sponsor partners for the open communication, and for helping us at every step in this process. We expect to have further updates in the upcoming days."(Walldinger Racing)
see earlier and all updates / reports / statements about Allmendinger's / Penske Racing's situation on the #22 team news page.(7-24-2012)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:18 pm 

AJ has been released to race again after completing the "Road to Recovery" program. I'm surprised O:) . That was a fast trip down that road. Less than 2 months since the indefinite suspension. Glad to hear he is cleared, now he just has to find a ride. I wonder if Mayfield now regrets his chosen path after his positive test.

Rick

http://www.nascar.com/news/120918/ajallmendinger-reinstated/index.html
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has reinstated driver AJ Allmendinger upon his successful completion of NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy Road to Recovery Program. Allmendinger had been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR on July 24 for violating the sanctioning body's substance abuse policy.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah Rick, I saw that on the news last night then read about it on http://Jayski.com/cupnews.htm

According to a report on Jayski, AJ was at a race somewhere with Roger Penski last weekend and it was also stated that he (Roger) would consider rehiring him as a driver at some point in the future.

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics