Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Windows 7 Screen Shot?
 Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:04 am 
Site Admin

There is a new function in Windows 7 called "Snipping Tool" that allows you to do a screen shot of a specific area on your desktop and believe it or not, it's very simple to do and you don't even need an image editor like MS Paint to do it. Here is a link that explains it and I'll add a few comments below to see if I can make it even easier.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... pping-tool

http://windows7themes.net/how-to-take-a ... ows-7.html

Say you wanted to make a screen shot of your data logger window. That image needs to be smaller than the computer screen to be able to post it on the board so with your logger software open to where you want to make the image, you need to use the double square button in the middle of the group in the upper right hand corner. That will make the desktop image smaller.

Then open the "snipping tool" located in "Accessories" in your programs menu and click on the "new" button. Once that is done, then the cursor should turn into a large + and the background should be shaded some. Put the cursor in the upper left hand area of where you want to snip, then hold down the LEFT mouse button and drag that large + to the lower right corner of what you want to show. Then release the LEFT mouse button and the area you "snipped" should be highlighted.

Now you need to save that image and you do that by going to the "snipping tool" box and LEFT clicking on the "File" button, then the "Save As" button and a box will pop up that will allow you to give that screen snip a name. It will default to a .PNG file but you can name it .JPG if you want. I don't think it matters when it's uploaded to your photo hosting service.

Now, remember that all photos need to be 800x800 pixls or SMALLER in order for them to show up on the board. I don't know this for sure, but I've been told that sites like Photo Bucket have a built in feature that will resize photos for you. Perhaps someone more familiar with that than I can elaborate on that, or, it may already be posted as a "sticky" on this page but this new way of making a screen shot for posting on here using the "snipping tool" is really neat!

If you Google search "Windows 7 snipping tool" you'll find even more info on this new feature.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:49 am 

Thanks Ken, I will have to print that and go from there =; ...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics