Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: First Real Race
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:35 am 

Well,went to the track to race for the first time this year.I ended up dumping the ultra in favor of old reliable.Why fix what aint broke .Of course off the trailer it went 6.411 @ 106.93 and the 60 is back in the 1.38 range.So i figures a dial of 6.40 was n the works again.I also turned down the two step to 4200 and shift to 6400 to stay around that before I ran Second time run I noticed dead miss at he start line.Thought maybe little gas foulded,neutral and tried to clear ir out.Did nothing for it.Oil pressure fine,no rattles suspected maybe a wire came out cap or plug.Ran down the strip on 7 cylinders to a 6.67.Got back to the pits found left front control arm pushed inward against the no.1 plug and was shorting it out.I didnt have the right tools there at the track so I loaded it up and just came home.It was hot very very muggy with poor air.I was sweatin profusely.I'll have to take the left header off to tighten the control arm (Rear)bolt tight enough(impact).I did it with big wrenches at work and guess that wasnt tight enough.Oh well. I also reviewed the go pros first run and in the vid I could hear it cuttin out abit in high gear ,so I think thats when it started.Always next week. O:)

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject: Re: First Real Race
 Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:13 pm 

Good thing the plug got in the way to let you know you had a issue. O:) So now your ready for next week. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm 

Yep Steve its just another minor setback.I figured I'd had 2 or 3 races by now instead of a test and tunes and now hot crappy weather.I'll roll her out of the trailer and into the garage this time instead of working on her in the trailer at work.Pull header re=align the controol arm(its marked where it needs to be thank god) and impact it and may throw alittle red locktight on it just make sure this doenst happen again. :-

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:51 pm 

After doing it for years that not an issue compared to puking something!!!!
Keep us updated Tray!!!!!! And good to see you here posting and glade everything
came home in one piece.... =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

traysvega wrote:
It was hot very very muggy with poor air.I was sweatin profusely.

Yeah, I was doing the same thing at Pirdmont Dragway today. Us "Fat Boyz" do seem to sweat a lot, hey! =;

Was a good day at Piedmont though as all my "stuff" came home in one piece again. \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm 

Beretta wrote:
After doing it for years that not an issue compared to puking something!!!!
Keep us updated Tray!!!!!! And good to see you here posting and glade everything
came home in one piece.... =;

Thanks Barry,glad I have something to talk about still. lol.(its been tuff to keep).

Ken,,,,Chubby not fat...LMAO.....

Suppose to be back to normal temps and humidity this weekend,now if I can just get-r-done.... :-& O:)

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:17 pm 

This weekend,no issues and made it to the 2nd round which I gave that one away.Off the trailer 6.365 @ 107.48 low launch 4200 and shift @ 6400.Almost 7/8 throttle with the manual throttle stop under the pedal.I dialed a 6.40 first round and run an altered dialed 5.15.Had a .022 light against his .025. Way out ,braked to a 6.403 @ 105.Second round same dial,running a dragster dialed 5.47.Left had a .022 light against her .054 way way out,braked and let off throttle still broke out with a 6.398 @ 105.I looked over and knew I was WAY out,,,,Should of would of but didnt take abit more out. ](*,)
Anyways it was fun,talked to old friends,and my youngest daughter went with me to help and see what drag racing was about.She really hasnt shown any real interest until now,which was great .My youngest son still hates the noise and won't go.
Thinking of installing the REAL throttle stop. =;

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

It's damn near impossible to brake race when you leave first! I never could! I always dialed what I thought the car would run out the back door and did just that!

Quick cars have two advantages.

1. They get to watch you leave first and maybe red light.

2. They see the race in front of them and can judge closing rates much better to know when to brake! And I'll have to let you know how I do on this one later in the summer.

FYI, Throttle stops are illegal at most tracks for bracket racing. Check the rules before you go to the expense of buying one and installing it on the car. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:31 pm 

I use to brake race all the time and had good luck with it.Only time it didnt work for me is when the car was dialed a 5.0 or faster...the speed at which they are on you is just to fast.But The alterd I didnt have much trouble with ,and the digger was slower than that at a 5.47 and she only ran a 5.51 with a .054 light O:) .I cant dial the car till i get my license back and pay that dang nhra fee that went up....Throttle stops are legal at my track,My old wagon was their last night and he runs a 2 blade stop every pass.dailed a 6.43 and runs around 115 mph O:)

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm 

Just an update..My old wagon and new owner took home the money Sat night.Jeez,thats an awesome car..Its for sale.He only wants 40 k.lol.Although I believe he's won prob 100 k with it.50k race the first year I sold it to him.

http://www.edgewaterrace.com/index.php? ... Itemid=101

Hes also brake racing it ,look at his mph.

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics