Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Chassis Recert
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:58 pm 

Headed out tomorrow to get the chassis recertified. I was supposed to get it done 2 weeks ago at my home track. That was the day mom passed away. I will be going to a track I havent been to in many years. You have to make an appointment and mine is for 5 pm tomorrow (Sunday). They are starting certs at 10 am. Must be a bunch of cars up there needing recerts. Saturday was supposed to be opening day TnT up there but the weather has been cold and rainy so they postponed racing until tomorrow. Maybe I will go up a little early and watch.

Post subject: Re: Chassis Recert
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:10 pm 

sorry to hear about your mom passing.

had my first chassis inspection on my car about 6 months ago at mobile dragway. i passed, thought it would have been more thorough, but it was not.

well anyway good luck

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 pm 

I have an old chassis. Passed last time no problem. As long as nothing major has changed in the rules I should be fine. Just fork over the money.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

oldtimer wrote:
Just fork over the money.

That IS what this is all about! [-( IMHO this shouldn't have to be done but once! Just like freaking seat belts that are only good for what, two years? :-

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 am 

i agree 100% ken,unless the car has been in a crash i would think no less than 10 years.......some others are 3 years on flexplates,2 years on window nets,5 years on transmission shields,5 years on flexplate shields(which most are using aftermarket bellhousings). I guess some people wont police thier own vehicles,but it is a pain in the rear to pull the transmission and send off the bellhousing and shield (with a check of course) to buy a new little sticker for them....if i had a failure in the transmission then i would see the reason but the transmission shield has a pretty easy life under there i would think,and oh yea while the tranny is out you might as well throw a new flexplate in there too,the clock is ticking! Sorry,i will shut up now :-&

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:28 am 

I here you Dennis...I have to get mine done March 2013...Yea it's a PIA and another $150 bucks ](*,) ](*,) ......
And like Ken say's Why do I keep doing this????????? :-

I stayed home yesterday and did some stuff around the house that needed to get done and then went out on a date with the wife to Lows :-$ ....Then we went out to eat...Oh yea spent more $$$$ than if I went racing but have to say it was way better, dinner was excellent and quality time with my other half. \:D/ \:D/ .....

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm 

Chassis passed. 7.50 and slower. It should! Nothing has changed in the last 3 yrs. He did have out the big book with all the colored diagrams though. I was wondering.
It was cold and rainy at the track and they were running about 45 mins to an hour late on inspections. I had the last appointment for the day.
It was interesting to hear his side of the increase in cost for the recert. They hiked the price about April 1, 3 years ago. About 2 weeks before my last recert. He had just started doing certs about that time. He said he got his butt chewed by every racer he inspected that year.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:39 pm 

Yea it's a PIA but glad you passed and now time to get it together and go have some fun!!

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:08 pm 

The track I was at today is not my home track. It is about the same distance for me. I will be going back. I like the looks of the place.
This is the track where my dad took me to my very first drag race. I later raced there for a few years.

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics