Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 am 

With the engine trouble the dragster had, the closing of the track where I raced and the dyno project I have started I decided I would bring the Roadster back to life to have something to race this year w/o spending much time or money.

Planning to put a mild 350 together and race the roadster at the local 1/8 mile track (I won't race the dragster there) and race it with a "For Sale" sign on it to make more room in the garage.

I only need ~400hp to run 6.40-6.50's.

Rick

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 pm 

rick360 wrote:
With the engine trouble the dragster had, the closing of the track where I raced and the dyno project I have started I decided I would bring the Roadster back to life to have something to race this year w/o spending much time or money.

Planning to put a mild 350 together and race the roadster at the local 1/8 mile track (I won't race the dragster there) and race it with a "For Sale" sign on it to make more room in the garage.

I only need ~400hp to run 6.40-6.50's.

Rick

Good luck with the project...hope you can sell it. That 6.40-6.50 is for 1/8mi or is that full 1/4mi? Either way...it's faster than me! \:D/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm 

Why not the dragster Rick ?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm 

krazy55ken wrote:
Why not the dragster Rick ?

Several reasons ... need to sell the roadster because I need room for the dyno. I think it'll be easier to sell if its running. The closest track (you know the one) is a POS and I won't race the dragster there. I've raced the roadster there and running 6.40 won't tax the traction there. Other tracks are too far and time consuming for now. Might make a couple trips to PJ too.

I was planning on putting my 18deg heads on the 414 until I found the crank was not straight and might have a crack. #-o. Maybe for next year. Then the dyno deal came along and that was it. Need time and room.

Disturbed wrote:
That 6.40-6.50 is for 1/8mi or is that full 1/4mi?
1/8 mile

Rick

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics