Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Danica Patrick??
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Anyone else besides me about ready to puke from all the "hype" over this twit? And did you see that Stewart/Hass bought her way into the Daytona 500 because they were afraid she couldn't DRIVE her way in with some of the BEST equipment in the business??? GAUWD how all this makes me sick!!

Running at Daytona is suppose to be reserved for the "best of the best" and IMHO all this does is give the sport a black eye by showing that all it really takes is money and a nice ass!

Ok, I'm done. Got to get the Camaro out of the trailer and hope it will be gone before lunch.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: Danica Patrick??
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 am 

Camaro finally sell Ken?

6.07@110 on Alcohol Injection with a 4-link 4-6-12
Best 60' 1.2537 Alcohol Injection 4-29-11
Thru the Mufflers!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

us7race wrote:
Camaro finally sell Ken?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8937

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:19 pm 

Sex sells, Ken. Weither it has boobs or not.

We all know some TALENTED women racers. They're not that rare anymore. In professional racing it's not about the racing anymore. It's about selling product. They want to separate 18-34 year old men from their money. Sexy looking women make that happen.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:43 pm 

Ken, I agree with you 110%!!!

I think there are alot more talented drivers out there that will never get a ride. What did She do in the majority of Nationwide races that she competed in? Way over rated IMHO. Usually the TV announcer was saying something like "Danica is really doing a GREAT job today! She's running in 24th place and had the misfortune to go down a lap but she's really getting alot of seat time today!!"

Also sucks that Tommy Baldwin soldout to SHR and put Dave Blaney in a race his way in position. But with the economy the way it is I guess you'll do anything to keep your head above the water.

RaceHub was on Speed @ 6pm EST this week. I never made it thru a whole hour show. From the Busch brothers to Danica......what a bore.

Tater

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 pm 

nomad wrote:
Sex sells, Ken. Weither it has boobs or not.

We all know some TALENTED women racers. They're not that rare anymore. In professional racing it's not about the racing anymore. It's about selling product. They want to separate 18-34 year old men from their money. Sexy looking women make that happen.

Danica doesn't do much for me personally but I wouldn't kick her outta bed either...lol
Of course I'm not in the 18-34 year old men category either..lol

Tater

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 am 

Oh , i don't know . She led a few NASCAR races ( there are a lot of drivers in Nationwide who can't say that ) , ran pretty well for very little experience in stock cars , and in the races where she finished 15th or 20th , that means she beat 20 guys who have years of experience . And she's won in Indy cars and finished very well in the Indy Car point standings . She can obviously drive a race car .

I'm not a fan of the points swap nonsense . But it wasn't invented for Danica , nor is the Stewart Haas team the first to use it to their advantage . Truth is , there are multiple millions of dollars in sponsor and endorsement contracts that hinge on these cars being in EVERY race . So as a business owner , who's going to jeopardize all that when you can take advantage of the NASCAR rule that was designed just for that reason . Danica had NO problem qualifying the Nationwide car , so i don't see she'd have any problem in the Cup car .

Tommy Baldwin gets tech help from one of the top teams in NASCAR along with pit crew help , and Stewart Haas has a locked in entry ( that they probably wouldn't ever need anyway ) to each race for a new team . I look forward to watching her race in NASCAR . It's certainly time a legitimate female race car driver was involved in NASCAR .

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 am 
Site Admin

In the Nationwide series she has the BEST equipment money can buy and she never finished a race higer up than she qualified! And how many of those 20 or so guys that finished below her had the kind of equipment she has? :-k We all know that those guys are most likely in someone elses' hand me down junk.

But yeah, I'm with you on women competing in the series and I do believe that somewhere there are some that could compete at the top level but I don't believe it's her. Hell, look at Sam Hornish!!! Top level and championship winning driver from Indy Car and failed miserably in Sprint Cup!! That guy wrecked more cars than Steve Wallace and Todd Bodine combined! O:)

So I guess I just have problems seperating racing from business. I read where a sports writer compared this deal to something like the NY Giants selling their playoff wins to Chicago so the Bears could go to the Super Bowl! And I have to agree with him. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 pm 

Hey don't be hating on my girl. I can't wait for the season to start.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Mike Rogers wrote:
Hey don't be hating on my girl. I can't wait for the season to start.

Hey Mike, not hating her as I'd hit it in a New York minute O:) but I got no use for the system that lets anyone buy their way in like this. Penske did the same crap with Hornish, ie, took points from Bush and gave them to Hornish so he'd be sure to be in the first 5 races? Yeah, that sucked too! I think the same thing was done at RCR, ie, pulling Boyer's points but can't remember the recipient now. :-({|=

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:09 am 

Plate racing sucks anyway. Who wants to see a bunch of cars run in pack or pairs (does it really matter which) for 190 laps so they can wreck sometime in the last 10 laps? It's not interesting at all. It won't be until they fix the tracks (ie lower banking). Non-Plate tracks are where the real racing starts ... lets just skip the Daytona 500.

In other better racing ... the NHRA Winternationals is this weekend starting the real racing season ... drag racing.

Rick

PS...Danica who?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 pm 

Not to keep the pot stirring...well maybe a lil'....
Wasn't Danica's restricted schedule last year "Helped" in the Nationwide series by having some Name drivers in the #7 car on "Her" off weekends to get some solid finishes to keep the #7 out of the "need to time-in" with later races qualifing came with her in the seat? :-k

I semi still like the Nascar series but the corporate industry makes it hard to like. This year when I'm not going to the local drag strip I plan to hit the local Dirt Track to spectate. The local track here had some WOO Late Model races last year that I went to and I can tell ya one thing. Those guys are badazz!! One thing is sure, there's no junkers out there in the final.

Tater

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:21 am 

There were other drivers in that car last year , though i don't think Danica would have needed their help . The points only come into play if a driver doesn't go fast enough to qualify , and that wasn't really a problem for her last year . And out of the 12 racers she ran , she got one top 5 and three top ten finishes . She's the real thing . She ran very well in testing at Daytona last month . She has the best driver in the sport as a team owner and some very talented people on her crew .
The problem a lot of people have with Danica is the constant media attention on her , when it's deserved and even when it isn't . That isn't really her fault . She just shows up to race like everyone else . The announcers and writers just don't bother to look for anything else to talk about .

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 pm 

It is all about the sponsors.. nascar sucks anymore..

I would much rather hit a local track where the racers race to race for bragging rights..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YailTkRt ... ata_player

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm 

Danica is the Real Thing???? I guess so, after having won sooooo many races and championships in Indycar? The sponsorship $$ wants her in Nascar soooo bad that they'll buy her way into the Daytona 500 for a longshot??!!
Kinda reminds me when Ashley Force came into the Fuel Funney Cars....I'm watching the boring NHRA on TV...the Wifey suddenly shouts out....."Did You know that John Forces Daughter is racing a Funney Car???!!"
LOL, that made my day and put a point on an overrated topic from someone who could careless....
My Wifey only cares about racing when we're at the track. She later commented on the announcing like..."do they think fans are like pre-k kids? "...lol

Just sayin'

Tater

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics