Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: HEY GUYS!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Click on this link and go to the "new" MotorsportsVillage.com" home page!!! http://kenrutledge.com/msvbackup Let me know what you think on that page. If your account was activated before Tuesday you should be able to log in and "surf" but remember that ANYTHING YOU POST THERE WILL BE GONE WITH THE NEXT DATABASE RESTORE!! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post subject: Re: HEY GUYS!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:13 pm 

I dont understand, what is the backup forum for? Does it have information thats not in this one? Also it hard to read red colour.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm 

You canb change it and I agree with you shrinker...I changed mine to subsilver2...Way easier on the eyes.

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

On the styles, I will add a few more light colored ones when they become available but for now the selection is somewhat limited. You can go to this URL and look at what's available but make sure you notice the version supported numbers. We're upgrading to version 3.10 software so anything you would desire has to be v3.10 compatible.

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2/

If you want something other than subsilver2 or prosilver, then send an Email message to <motorsportsvillage at yahoo dot com> and list the one you want. If I get enough of you that want the same style, then I "might" add that one.

FYI, I've been working on a forum update now for a few days. Had MAJOR problems with the backup forum and just got them resolved this afternoon. Will update this main board tomorrow a.m. so look to have to change some stuff when you log in tomorrow some time after lunch.

And for those of you who still don't know, http://kenrutledge.com/msvbackup is the backup forum for MotorsportsVillage.com. It's pretty much a "clone" of this main forum that is updated with a copy of the main MSV database about once a week. So yes, there is actually TWO forums which = double trouble! ;-) But at least I have one I can hork with without shutting the main board down because of problems. \:D/

Site Admins Ain't Nobody's Hero!! =P~

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm 

[code][/code]I like the looks of the backup. I dont like the looks of this one. I know I can change it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

oldtimer wrote:
[code][/code]I like the looks of the backup. I dont like the looks of this one. I know I can change it.

FYI Oldtimer this board will look like the backup tomorrow. ;-)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:13 pm 

OK am I going crazy? I swear I was able to change my home computer to "black pearl", but now I don't see the option available to change the board type at all on my laptop. No place to make the selection on the board preference page. ](*,)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Mark I'm having some problems with one of the new styles I installed so we're back to Subsilver2 default for now. Hopefully I'll get it resolved soon. FYI, got a guy coming tomorrow morning with a trailer and a hand full of money!! Lets hope he likes what he sees and takes this Camaro home with him!! So I'm also having to get that car out of the trailer and such so he can see whether he wants it or not.

But yeah, I'm working on it! ;-)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 pm 

Good luck with the sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!Looks like you may have some cash for racing \:D/ \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:50 pm 

Now it's popped back in!!! \:D/ \:D/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

jmarkaudio wrote:
Now it's popped back in!!! \:D/ \:D/

Yeah and it may be in and out over the next day or two as the style for the home page is the one that I'm having problems with. I finally gave up for the day about an hour ago and will give the server a chance to "normalize" until tomorrow afternoon and go back at it again.

Barry, that money will go back in the bank to pay back the "loan" I got from my savings to buy the dragster and get it going.

Racing this season will be less than last year due to the fact that my retirement money will be making less than half what it had been making over the last 42 months! Thank you Ben Bernanke for the screwing without KY jelly, dinner or even a kiss!! O:)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm 

I don't get the pop up notification for new PMs like I used to. I have the option checked on the board preferences and I'm using the subsilver2 board style. Anyone else have this problem?

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

gearhead1011 wrote:
I don't get the pop up notification for new PMs like I used to. I have the option checked on the board preferences and I'm using the subsilver2 board style. Anyone else have this problem?

Chuck I also sent you an Email from the site Admin. Did you get that also?

RE: PM Notification?? Dunno why that wasn't working but what I did was turn it off then turned it back on again and that "might" have reset it. Now if the Email notification works we be jamming!

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics