Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:54 pm 

Ive done some bone head things racing,but i really f#$% up this time,not going to say what i did but it cost me two pistons friday testing for sat race!!!sorry,just needed to vent!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Maybe I'll get the details Monday evening then? O:)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 am 

Come on now don't be shy we all have done bone head things ](*,) .......Lets see some pictures

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm 

It's always a better story when your telling on yourself... #-o let us know what led up to this toasty event please.... =D>

Don

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

An FYI for you guys. shicks is a NO2 freak and the engine in question is his new bullet, a 632 BBC that probably doesn't have 30 runs on it. So he was probably at Motormile Dragway the day before a big race and was "leaning on it" some to make an impression the next day when he "leaned" a little too hard and didn't take enough timing out or not enough fuel to compensate! At least that's my guess! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 pm 

Well ken,your close.. heres the low down,sat race is some what a outlaw type race,i can add another kit,be 2975 instead of 3200 lbs..added a plate system,which already had a 350 hp jets in it,was only going to put a 150 hit on it,didnt get jets till thursday from steve jhonson,my sec kit is on a digiset,no arming switch..can you see where im going with this!i had already went in my 7531 box and pulled 6 degrees of timing out for the 150,my plan was to run it on my fogger for the first few passes then,change jets set fuel press ect...well heres the bad part,i was supposed to pull the digiset so the sec kit would not come on..i was so excited about running,i didnt pull the digiset and 6 degrees was not enough for a 350 hit,engine had 32 passes,went to 4 races with it,one two of my last 3 and runnered up ,set motormile track record for my class,was a 5.17 now is a 5.06. i said id go to this last race and put it up for the winter and not have to touch it.well it didnt go as planed!Istill cant believe i did that,but ive got spares and going to put a new set of rings and bearings in it,guess that racing or is it!!So let here some of the bone head stuff you guys have done!!! lol lol [-(

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah well, I went testing on gas at Piedmont dragway Sunday before last and left the gas jets at home. Then when I got home I found out that I didn't have what I needed anyway?? Too many toyz I guess. If I only had one pair of carbs it would be much easier to keep up with what I was doing. [-(

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics