Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject: Carb challange
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 am 

I have been reading all the posts over on a few different forums and can't wait to see how it turns out.
Especially for Mark. He has been here answering all kind of questions in regards to tuning questions
along with our mentor Tuner,Ken,Scott,shrinker,Bruce and others I can't think of right now but you know who you are..
From not knowing to much about carbs other than how to change jets,and gaskets I know a lot about
tuning them and by no means a guroo with them but it's nice to have you guys here to help with all
questions about tuning..
It would also be cool to run a carb like mine and a carb out of the box to see what kind of performance
difference it will make just to see what a racer can do in his garage with just regular tools and parts
that are easily accessible like # drill bits,pin gauge's,brass allens etc.. =; =; Ok I am done

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post subject: Re: Carb challange
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 am 

I'm sure Mark will make us proud!

When is this happening?

Keep us up to date on the challenge Mark.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:52 am 

Thanks. It starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving through that Tuesday if needed There will be magazine coverage and I think there is going to be an internet feed. There is 36 pages off fun to read on ST if anyones interested.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27500

And we are still missing a few key carb builders that should be there, and one vocal one that has been mysteriously silent as of late... :-

Quote:
Notice:

Entry & entry fee deadline set for Nov. 11, 2011.
No entries will be accepted after end of this day.

Entries received as of today (Nov 2, 2011):

AED
APD
Braswell
CFM
DaVinci
Holley Perf.
KB Carburetors
Mark Whitener
Quickfuel
RayJE
Stallion
KARS
JDR

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 am 

Thanks for the info,
You've got a lot of guys on here wishing you well,

Good Luck!!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 pm 

good luck Mark =D>

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Our guy jmarkaudio is more into this carb stuff than most of you realize. He and Nomad live close to each other and spend a BUNCH of time testing stuff so I'm going to "assume?" that Bruce will be working with Mark some on this project.

Either way, best wishes on this and I hope you do well enough that you get over run with carb business requests in the future! Can you say "jmarkcarbs"? I knew you could boys and girls! =;

Gee, isn't this special? First, Rick and Randy get into Engine Masters and now jmark is into the Carb Challenge! It don't get no better than that!

Have we got great ppl here or what!!!!!! \:D/

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 pm 

I think it will be a pretty close group in the top 5 or so carb builders. Probably within repeatability of dyno and correction factors.

Will be interesting to see the results. Good luck.

Rick

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:29 pm 

Everyone on this forum has had a hand in this, everyone here has come up with good ideas at some point to make our stuff better. And we can't forget Tuner who started all of this even though he isn't coming around anymore, Shrinker that continually makes us think harder than when we were in school, and even Doug from Braswell that gives us tips on occasion. Win or not it will be fun. And Bruce/Nomad will be right there with me, we've been able to learn a bunch in the last couple months on the dyno and flowbench I hope will help as well, Kevin at APE engines in Auburndale was gracious enough to let us play and learn. So in a way it will be a group effort.

I've been able to finish two carbs, I'll choose one for the small engine after some testing hopefully tomorrow and Saturday. The big one is being anodized, so it will get assembled next week and maybe a little testing. Also trying to finish another E85 Dominator for someone local, finish that one up tonight. Lots of work and time is running out...

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics