Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Most of you aren't aware of this as it's something that happens behind the scenes while most of you are asleep but I've been having intermittent problems with Godaddy.com's database backup feature that is in the Admin Control Panel every since I moved the site here back in May. That backup function will work fine for 7 to 10 days then it goes bonkers and stops working correctly. At this point I'll submit a "Support Ticket" and usually within 6 to 10 hours it's "fixed", sort of.

Three days ago it screwed up again and I again submitted a support ticket only to be told that they were sending it to the "Advanced Techs" so they could handle it. Well, that was 3 days ago and I've not been able to do a backup in the ACP at Godaddy.com since and still can't. What this means is that if there is a problem with the site database and I need to restore it, the most recent copy that I have available was done back on 7/25/11 and from what they told me today, they don't know when or if it will get fixed??

So, if this crap keeps up I guess I'll be looking for yet another hosting service as it seems that this one sux also!

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics