Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 pm 

While at the nationals we stopped and talked to Hector. He said he remembered me from US 60 raceway. He asked if the track was going to open again? I told him what we knew. Hector said it threw his plans for the year out the window because the track didn't open.

His plan was to have his son load and bring the bike to Hardinsburg without his friends of course. Just him and the crew with Hector observing. The make a couple of passes to show he knew how to get things going. If everything went good after doing this a couple of times then he was going to start letting his son race.

Hector said he loved US60 because it was laid back and no hassles. You ran when you felt like it and you weren't rushed to make this time run or that one. He liked how you could do test and tune all night and everyone treated him very good.

So the loss of a small track had effected more than  the local drivers.  =P~ He said it opens next year so he can continue with his plan. He asked if it will be the same format and I said JD will run it the same on Saturdays. It was JD's idea to run it that way. To have fun without all the controversy of regular bracket racing.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics