Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:16 am 

gdmii wrote:
Sam wrote:
Welcome george, anyone who likes to save on front tyres is ok by me, nice car btw..

Hey Sam!

Yep that's true. 2 sets of slicks and still the same fronts.

BTW, I see you live north of London. In my past life I flew into Gatwick all the time. Always checked out the restaurants around Horsley and Horsham. Had a couple of favorites there.

George

I know it well George, I flew out of gatwick to Charlotte NC on my way to buy this car, flew on down to pensacola from there.

I used to go to school in Haywards Heath thats about 10 miles south of horsham, thats a nice part of the country.

Good luck with the new carb.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:47 am 
Site Admin

Sam wrote:
I know it well George, I flew out of gatwick to Charlotte NC on my way to buy this car, flew on down to pensacola from there.

I used to go to school in Haywards Heath thats about 10 miles south of horsham, thats a nice part of the country.

That's a GREAT part of the country. I'm pretty sure I have been down there. If you flew to Charlotte it sounds like you probably flew on my airline. I'm a retired pilot from US Airways.

We had this one cabby named Stephen, his business was called Stephen's Wheels, that all of the pilots used. I still have his little sticker with his phone number that he would give us to stick on the backs of our ID cards. He would pick us up at our hotel, make a recommendation for dinner, take us there and then pick us back up at the agreed time. Talk about service. I flew international for about 6 years and used Stephen every trip to London.

We would drive for miles on roads that seemed only wide enough for one car through beautiful countryside and then magically a restaurant would appear. I'm going to have to make a trip back there one day. And besides Guinness, my next favorite beer is Caffrey's which we can't get in the States anymore. Guess if I went there I could ship some back. :-k :-k
George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:34 pm 

Yep, we flew out US airlines...

My daughter was impressed with the taxi service she recieved 2 weeks ago when she was in atlanta and houston,

She had to make a presentation to a high flying financial guy in houston and flew down from atlanta to houston.

After she had checked into her hotel she had a message to say that her car would be outside to take her for dinner at 7.30.. boy she got a shock, it was a limo, took her to the resturant and waited while they ate then onto a bar and waited, it was at her disposal for the time she was there.

Now as she has only been working full time since september in her first real job you can imagine the impression this has made on her..

George as a retired pilot do you get a deal on flights and stuff cos if you do I'll get a case of caffreys to the airport for you.

Take care bud

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:59 pm 

im to big of a chicken to get on a plane

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:12 pm 

And I don't like driving fast...... :^o :^o :^o

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:12 pm 

Sam wrote:
I sedu eb lexydic btu I'm ko nwo

....Sam i can read now.....hahahahaha...... \:D/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Sam wrote:
George as a retired pilot do you get a deal on flights and stuff cos if you do I'll get a case of caffreys to the airport for you.

Sam,

I know I can ship stuff but I'm not sure about someone shipping stuff to me. At any rate, that's very nice of you to offer. I have to check it out but aside from that I would be willing to pay the full deal to get a case here. So I might take you up on your offer to ship it. I'll have to make a few phone calls (on the telly O:) O:) ) and let ya know.

Thanks,

George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:29 pm 

i used to enjoy flying but now in like avery, im too schicken to even get on a plane after 9/11 and all that

R/T: .194
60': 2.322
330: 6.379
1/8: 9.803
MPH: 71.37
1000: 12.781
1/4: 15.314
MPH: 88.79

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:15 pm 

Dang,,,,About time.....seems I'm the last to show.....You know,,been busy and all...But,,New bike fever is wearin thin,,so ,,I'll be back around.... \:D/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Tray!!! Man...where do you get those stupid frigging avatars???? Crack my ass up. I'm always waiting to see what's next. Even got my wife looking at them.

George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:43 pm 

gdmii wrote:
Tray!!! Man...where do you get those stupid frigging avatars???? Crack my ass up. I'm always waiting to see what's next. Even got my wife looking at them.

George

George,,,the internets a wonderful thing and we all need a laugh here and there...I can find pretty much anything if I look long enough.... 8-[ Also,,,man your car is flyin!!!!!!!Wowy...

THE ATOMIC BANEGA(BANANA/VEGA)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BagEEa8JDo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:01 pm 

Tray .. Great to see ya finally made it here !!!!! fill us in on whats left to get the Vega out there .. wait .. dont tell me ..wire the delay box and some other small things .... lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:02 pm 

aint that about what he said in the other forum???lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

traysvega wrote:
gdmii wrote:

George

George,,,the internets a wonderful thing and we all need a laugh here and there...I can find pretty much anything if I look long enough.... 8-[ Also,,,man your car is flyin!!!!!!!Wowy...

Tray,

Had a little head work done and it really woke that thing up. I had every intention of asking you earlier how the Vega was coming along but got to cracking up over that crazy ass squirrel doing the nasty to Spidy's ear that I forgot to ask. Sooooo...how's the Vega? Good to see ya here.

George

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:14 pm 

i'm not going to mention what that squirrel was doing to the rj avatar, i will probably get scalded by the moderator's.hahahaha [-X

ecbrc super stock 315 4bbl 2007 champs. high point boat overall 2007.

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics