Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 am 
Site Admin

Well, in August of last year I put two new tires on one of my trailers and the only thing that I could find were tires that were made in CHINA? FYI, THERE ARE NO TRAILER TIRES MADE IN THE USA OR CANADA ANY MORE! In fact, I can't buy anything but China tires for my Geo Metro now either??

I've put about 1500 miles on the trailer since I installed them so I pulled those tires off Friday to check them out and also to swap tires and wheels between trailers. The tires on the 24ft trailer that I use for the dragster have the original tires and wheels off my Studebaker trailer. I bought a new set of tires last month so I'm going to mount those now and they will go on that 24ft trailer.

Ennywho, I mounted the new "Cheap China" tires yesterday and when I went to balance them I was really impressed as all of the 4 took less than 1oz of weight?? That's somewhat impressive but I guess the real question is how long they will last.

Those 4 "Cheap China" tires cost me $319 out the door and I had to mount and balance them myself, which we did yesterday. The last set of Goodyear Marathon tires I bought back in 2005 cost me close to $500 turn key. Again, the real test for these tires will be how long they last and that is an "unknown" at this point.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Board index » Racing Forum » General Topics