Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 am 

Hello all,

I'm starting to come down with the bug again for the drag race virus. I've been away for ten years or so raising children and coaching their stick and ball teams. I was linked to this site by reading about some Engine masters discussion and liked the serious aspect of racers acting like adults and helping one another instead of banging on each other's posts.

My brother and I own and operate a Performance Automotive Sales showroom and automotive repair and installation center. We've have been competing since the 70's and are planning a come back in the near future. My local track is the Famoso drag strip where the famous March Meet has been held until recently going to nostalgia from the previous East vs West top fuel contests and NHRA divisional races.

My customer base mostly have switched from bracket type competition to Nostalgia index class racing. I'll be first returning to compete in the 8.60 B gas class with a 1967 steel bodied camaro then after some seat time and comfort I'll swap out the naturally aspirated engine for a low boost blown alcohol injected 509 for the A gas 7.60 index class.

thanks Ken for a place to learn, discuss, get help and help others with our disease.

Thomas Miller
Central CA conservative

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:50 pm 

Welcome to the Village Thomas. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm 

You've taken the first step. You admitted that you have a problem, and you are powerless over the car addiction. Now get yourself a Sponsor.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Thomas, welcome again. How about posting some pics of you ride down in the "Show Your Stuff" section so we can see what you're talking about.

Oh, and I see you're an endangered species there in California!! I didn't think there were any "conservatives" left out there now? :-k ;-)

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner