Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post subject: Another Newb
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:16 pm 

Hey Everybody! Thanks for having me on the site. Name is Kevin, I own KSR Performance & Fabrication outside of Gainesville, FL. I am on a few other message boards with the same name (YB, ROP, MR, ChumpCar, etc) so some of you may recognize me. I have a 25.3 78 Cutlass that I have started working on again after many years of it sitting in the corner of my shop. That car is being built to be streetable, but also run in the Ultimate Street 275 drag radial class. I also road race in the ChumpCar World Series with a 91 Nissan 300ZX and we won a 14 hour race a couple of months ago at Sebring.

I have been browsing on the site for a while and the tech is really awesome! I hope I can contribute from time to time, but there is also a ton to learn here as well.

Kevin

Post subject: Re: Another Newb
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

Kevin welcome to the site.......again!

FYI our guys LOVE pictures so when you get time, please post a pic or two of that Cutlass and Chump car you spoke of down in the "Show Your Stuff" forum so others can have a look see. I'll have to admit that I've already been to your photo accounts before and there are some interesting pics there for sure. \:D/

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:58 pm 

Kevin,

Were you involved with a Dodge deal back about 13-14 years ago? Out of West Palm Beach area?

Don

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Don I've seen pictures of Kevin and I don't think he's that old! :-k Looks to be late 20s early 30s max. Do a search of his username and you'll find a ton of stuff on him though. Looks to be a really good welder!!! ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 pm 

Welcome to the board Kevin \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:42 am 

I am almost 31 (December 3rd just incase anyone wants to bring me a present at PRI ;) ) so no affiliation with Dodge back then. However, my shop is also home to a local who races in the Viper Cup Series. His ACR-X that he races in the series now stays with Archer Racing up in Minnesota since they have cheaper transportation than him having to pay me to take weeks off at a time to drag one car around. I do have his ACR-X clone in the shop that he uses for a practice car, and a real wild SRT-4 Neon that I built for him earlier this year that he uses in short endurance races.

I find myself so busy that I have a hard time putting pics up of my stuff, but I will try and take some recent pics of my cars. The Cutlass is currently down at Heads Up Composites in Vero Beach, FL to have some parts prototyped on it and then I hope to start putting in some more time on it after that. Here is an incar video of me in the ChumpCar though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8iWOYSA ... ideo_title

Thanks for the compliment on my welding, I am always trying to improve and I think I still have a long way to go. Mike at TRZ Motorsports has been helping me along with some tips along the way. That sucker can TIG opposite hand, upside down, with the weld area only visible by using a mirror and it all still look perfect. I am no where near that level yet!!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 am 

Welding is an art imo.... I am not artist by any means. I can stick 2 pieces of metal together pretty good but I don't have the steady hand to make it look cute. Prepping the metal is where it's at which I do.

Guy named Kevin Sparks for south of you is who I was wondering about. I sold him a ton of prostock engines about 13 years ago. Didn't know if you were him.

Don

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 am 

Welcome Kevin......Loved that Vid \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:45 pm 

Nice video, that get's my heart rate up just watching! =;

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner