Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:46 pm 

Hello,

I look forward to being part of this forum as I have been a visitor to it for a while now per Mark Whitner's (jmarkaudio) recommendation and recognize several very knowledgeable members that I am familiar with from some of the other forums. I am glad to see that much of the "off topic" escapades that seem to frequent some of the other performance forums are more absent and frowned upon here. I am fairly new to performance motorsports (a hobby for me) and am anxious to learn to help to optimize my car and thus further my enjoyment of it. I have a 66 Mustang Fastback that I have been working on for the past several years that would be most accurately described as a "Pro-Touring" type car. I really enjoy spirited driving through the remote winding/hilly roads of NW Arkansas along with road course racing in an open track High Speed Touring Series at a road race track near to where I live. I also enjoy Autocross events as well, so I am definitely one of those left and right turn guys with the more variety to the turns and higher capable speeds through them the better. =;

I am a member of a couple of the other performance forums in addition to vintage Mustang forums, but am glad that Mark suggested this forum to me where I can converse with and obtain input from many experts in the automotive and racing field without all the "drama" that can occur more frequently elsewhere. Hopefully, I can contribute some beneficial information as well.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:17 pm 

Welcome =;
We have a few Ford guys here I am not one of them but do have a Ford stuffed in the back of my garage =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:56 pm 

Beretta wrote:
Welcome =;
We have a few Ford guys here I am not one of them but do have a Ford stuffed in the back of my garage =;

Wow, to not be a Ford guy and to have that one stuffed in the back of your garage you have my envy! =D>

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

razor66 wrote:
Wow, to not be a Ford guy and to have that one stuffed in the back of your garage you have my envy! =D>

If memory serves, that car has a long history behind it for Barry. I think it was mentioned on here somewhere in the past. Try a search for Beretta and Mustang and see what comes up, especially in the "Show Your Stuff" section.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:34 pm 

Welcome to the board \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:48 pm 

Good looking ride there.

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner