Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post subject: newb on the board
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 am 

Hello I am new to this forum ... member on several others... My name Is Paul from Southern Indiana .. been a drag racer or crew chief since 1987 .. had some luck with bracket racing and the quick stuff with some track and divisional championships ... .. currently been running a jr drag racing engine business for the last 13 yrs.. Wheelie Motorsports -- lots of track- series- divisional- and nat. championships - been blessed to have a bunch of great racers and families to be associated with over the years and have met alot of nice people in the racing community ...recently in the last 2 yrs crossed over to include the 6.5 hp jr sprint -open go kart engines also with alot of success.. glad to be here and hope to keep up with the ever expanding sport of drag racing with the help of all the knowledgeable racers on here and if I can add anything I'd be willing to try . thanks for having me ...

Post subject: Re: newb on the board
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:08 am 

Good to have you and welcome!!!
Talk to us about those jr dragster motors....I see some of them in the 70+mph range !!!

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like you and this member have something in common. But hey, welcome to MSV........again! ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8271

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:34 pm 

most of the 7.90 class (13-18) yr old cars run right at NHRA's max speed which is 7.90/85mph ... no quicker or faster allowed.. now the Outlaw cars on the other hand - get by that rule by only running 330' - which they can run in 4.teens... years ago when we used to run 1/8 mile Outlaw we have had a few cars run 6.80's at near 100 mph ... so they are for kids - but they are far from toys.. Anyone with any questions feel free .. I'll be glad to help in any way I can .. thanks for asking
I do around 70-80 engine builds or freshen ups each season so it keeps me busy - heres 8 more dragster engines ready to go out the door...Image

kart / kidsprint car Briggs OHV style engines Image

We have a little experience in this field so if anyone has a question i'd be happy to try and help answer them.. Spending time with the kids or grandkids is what its all about . and if the parents get frustrated the kids get frustrated and it takes the fun out of it .. So if I in any way can answer a question to help keep you running well and happy and having a good time thats great .. I am not here to sell anything... I am here to learn from the knowledgeable people on this forum as well ....

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm 

heres what we play with in our spare time now ...Image present car 2010 American dragster

Image 2004-2009 car

so if you see us at the track come over and say Hi... we run Div 3 .... T/D S/Q and brackets every weekend

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:25 pm 

What tracks do you race at? I noticed the donnie hagan watermark on your pic and I think he took a lot of pics at Windy Hollow. I used to race there a little but I spent more time at US60 when we were bracket racing. My boy got out of Juniors last year but we had a good time with it.

The boy's 1st 7.

His fastest pass in his LJ car.

We sold that car and bought a Mike Bos outlaw car for his last season of racing. I think he ran a 7.6 something with that one. Of course the NHRA tracks frown on anything quicker than a 7.80.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 pm 

we race at Indy - lyons Raceway Park-Coles County - Chandler- Ohio Valley - Edgewater- Xenia- Muncie- Bunker Hill -several others .. Have run Windy a few times when the S/Q series rolled in there .. Mostly wherever the Div 3 series are traveling.. Our home track is LRP

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:52 pm 

wheelie wrote:
we race at Indy - lyons Raceway Park-Coles County - Chandler- Ohio Valley - Edgewater- Xenia- Muncie- Bunker Hill -several others .. Have run Windy a few times when the S/Q series rolled in there .. Mostly wherever the Div 3 series are traveling.. Our home track is LRP

We have raced at a lot of the same tracks. We have run at Indy, Chandler and the Valley (among others) with the JR. I have been racing with the UMTR south and Edgewater is their home track so we race there a bunch. I raced Indy the 1st time this year and we raced at Xenia and our last race a week ago was at Muncie, those were UMTR events. I used to bracket race quite a bit at the Valley (only 15 miles from home) and I helped organize a UMTR event there last year that went well enough to have another there July 23 this year. Maybe we'll see you at one of the tracks.

Chuck's Automotive
Full line Computech dealer
chucksautomotive@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm 

Welcome to the Village \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm 

Welcome to the Board!

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner