Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post subject: Hey everybody!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 pm 

Hey,my name is Steve Hicks,me and Ken live in the same hometown although i have not seen or talked to him in years,we just found out we live right up the road from each other so he told me about the site,hope learn and get some ideas from you guys and gals!Irun only heads up races,started out running local stuff and then ran some big dog events years ago before it got out of hand,Outlaw 10.5 [33x10.5] was my deal for the last 10 years winning a few local championships along the way,ive had promod blower motors to big nos motors. in my current car which is a 25.2 back half nova i have a ex sonnys bbc 582 with a fogger spraying 400 \:D/ ,now ive switch classes last year to run KOTS [king of the street] small tire series 28.10.5 and very happy with it,so enough with my boring racing life,hope to get to know and get some top secret tips i can use for the up coming season,oh and by the way,im not a great speller. Got spell check i hope!!! lol lol Thanks Ken!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Hey everybody!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Steve glad you decided to join us. And before Beretta posts asking for pics, I'll beat him to it. We need a few pics of that Nova down in the "Show Your Stuff" section so these guys can see what a 25.2 car looks like. If you need help with pics, give me a call and I'll see if I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Oh, and welcome to MotorsportsVillage.com..... again!! ;-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 pm 

Welcome Steve, Looking forward to some pictures.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 pm 

Thanks guys,got lots of pics that id love to share,not sure how to post,i have photobucket with a few pics in it but got to learn how to do it,steve

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

shicks wrote:
Thanks guys,got lots of pics that id love to share,not sure how to post,i have photobucket with a few pics in it but got to learn how to do it,steve

Steve, Beretta, gearhead1011, WR169 all use photobucket so they can tell you what needs to be done with the photobucket stuff. If you already have the pics on photobucket, I can show you how to link to them here on the site so they show up in a post. Gimmie a call some time this weekend if you want and you can come over here and I'll walk you through it. Nothing like having a personal tutor, hey! ;-)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 pm 

Welcome aboard, shicks!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:07 am 

Welcome!!!??Oh and I can't spell ether :- =;

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Fellows as far as the spelling issue goes, Firefox and Opera browsers are free and both have a built in spell check so there's no excuse there! ;-) Just an FYI for ya on that one!

I'm going to spill the beans so to speak on Steve. His dad, Robert, is about 6 or 7 years older than me but I remember him from back in the mid 1960s. He had a red 1963 Chevy Impala with a 425HP 409 eingine with a 4 speed. That engine was built by Linkletters Speed Shop in Staunton, Va, and was a real mover at the time. Reason this sticks in my memory so well is that I also had a red 1963 Impala with a 409 and 4 speed but mine was the 340HP version with a hydraulic cam and single Rochester 4 barrel. I lost track of Robert a long time ago but met up with him again about 13 or 14 years ago when I bought an 8" converter from Steve that was advertised in the local trader paper. And BTW, that converter is in my Camaro right now! Got a chance to talk to Robert again that day but haven't seen him since.

Ennywho, Steve and I have somewhat of a link to the past through his Dad, Robert.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 am 

Welcome.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 am 

From a fellow Steve =; Welcome to the board. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Select the picture you want and a list of what type of link. copy the image code and paste it in your post.

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:01 pm 

Welcome to the board

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner