Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Read These First » Newbie's Corner

Post subject: AnOld NB
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:12 pm 

I am excited to join this forum, i am a member of other drag race and technical forums and from the tech articles and tech threads this place here seems to be as serious as i am.
A bit about me, i have a small old fashioned speed shop in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, i opened it about 15yrs ago. I tired of building drag cars and have transitioned to building traditional hot rods and street rods. My race car, tube chassis '67 nova sits but i have been crewing John Powells Top Sportsman Cavalier since late last year. We run a 632" 12deg motor and last year it has single 4bbl with single fogger, we got pretty god at running 4.40's. This year i put together a tunnel ram, pair of 1050's and 2 fogger systems. We dyno'd the engine last week and have 1125hp at 7500rpm. Each fogger system is based on a #32 nitrous pill (approx 300hp ea).
We tested yesterday at Dinwiddy and have some things to resolve, on the motor it ran 7.62. Between tire shake and transmission problems we didn't get a good pass.
I'm 60 and plan to stick around for another 60 or so, things are just starting to get interesting.

Post subject: Re: AnOld NB
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:37 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome again! Glad you decided to join us. Maybe we can put a face with our names one day!

Yeah, there are "some" serious folks here for sure, and "some" not so serious as well.

Me, I'm a 64 year old retired low tech go fast guy on a budget and also very out spoken politically in the "Off Topic Discussion" section, which I spend a good bit of time in. I'm at a point in my 64 years of living here in the USA that I'm extremely concerned about where we as a nation are headed and IMHO it does NOT look like a place I want to go!

Oh, and I'm also in Virginia and I've had Herb Caldwell do some engine work for me in the past. O:) Nope, wasn't "good work" either! O:) But that's a story for another time!

There's a few "high tech" guys in here. Cboggs (has done a bunch of Pro Stock development work), Rick360 (is REAL good with numbers), Randy 355 (low tech, but high performance), Carbguy (Doug Schriefer with Baraswell Carburetion), and Shrinker (about the sharpest cookie here, IMHO) from down under. Not to short change anyone else mind you but those are a few user names that "get my attention" when I have questions. Gimmie a day or so and I'll probably add a few more to that list but right now, Bud Light has somewhat clouded my thinking. =;

RE: Dinwiddie? Yeah, I've done a bunch of Super Chevy events there in the past and in 1996 I made it to the quarter finals with my SBC powered 1955 Studebaker Pro Streeter. I don't run there any more because of the "serious" tech inspection crap and "NHRA" licensing requirements. I can run 5.40s at Piedmont, Roxboro, New London, Natural Bridge, Motormile, yadda, yadda, yadda with 4 year old seat belts without having to hear a bunch of crap and being sent home. Yup, just call me "cheap", but a guy has to do what a guy has to do!

Ennywho, again, glad you decided to join us and I'm looking forward to some of that "high tech" stuff you have to share with us "low tech" guys. \:D/

And I'm going to beat Barry to it again with this one. Got any pics? If so, post some in the "Show Your Stuff" seciton! O:)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:34 am 

Yea beat me to it Ken..........We need some pictures and what you have done with pictures of course of some of the projects you have done and including the street rod stuff your doing now =; ......Also lets see that hot rod drag car your helping out with now ;-) .........

Oh and welcome \:D/ \:D/

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:28 pm 

Welcome to the board from the The non serious ;-) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

6.7772 @ 101.51 1/8th 10.747 @ 122.24 1/4

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:15 am 

Welcome to the board We do need pics of your beast! =;

2008 P.S.C.A B1 Champ

2010 WCHRA SPM Champ