Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems

Post subject: Log File Thoughts
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:06 pm 

Okay guys so I finally got the lm2 going with RPM so these make some sense now. The one below looks a lot like all of the logs from this past weekend. 2-step is at 3600 shift at 6800 trap 6900. The lines are for Lambda .8 -.84

The spike I talked about in my other post is not before the shift but after. Just wanting to get some views on this as this is the first time really using the lm2.

Thanks for your help guys.

Post subject: Re: Log File Thoughts
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

From what I see it's going phat at the hit, which is likely too much pump shot. Oh, and this IS a Dominator, correct? :-k

Fourtenposi has done a BUNCH of work on his pump cams getting that phat spike out of his and the last graph I saw from him was EXCELLENT.

Spikes at the gear change?? Since it's already at WFO then I'd suspect something to do with the rapid change in booster signal from the RPM drop. Or, could be something like fuel sloshing around due to G forces. It's been mentioned on here before by Doug Schreifer of Braswell Carbs that their extra circuits on their Pro Stock carburetors help with "shift recovery" and that may be what would cure this?? :-k Don't ask me how to do that though.

But hey, at least it's doing the same thing each time or you wouldn't have seen those .41s all day, hey! ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 pm 

Yeah this is dominator 2circuit on e85 leaving off the trainsbrake at 3600. Yeah I am not as concerned as I was before that it's happening on shift recovery rather than right before the shift as we talked before. It's definitely doing it the same...lol.

I haven't had time to mess with pump cams or pump shot yet. I will look for the posts where he worked on this. I am thinking I may need a smaller shot now that I richened the idle a bit. However haven't changed cams or shot sizes at this point.

Thanks for looking at it ken. Appreciate the help and being the first real tuning tool I have had in the past 5 years messing with these things. Normally just tuned based on what I felt in the seat and how the et changed.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 pm 

Are you using Yellow cam's AJ??

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:33 pm 

Yeah I have the yellow cams.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:41 pm 

Get a extra set and start filing them down and swap them back and forth..I did it and when you go to far it will bog then put the other one on..Bottom scale is what mine was doing then

Now

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 pm 

Cool. I have an extra set here. I will get another set too. How much did you take out each time? Are you saying to file and then swap front to back?

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:43 pm 

Did you try in hole1 or hole 2? Also what about white cams? Not enough?

Thanks for the help.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

I think he means to alternate the two on each end and once you go too far, back up to the previous ones that worked. ;-)

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 am 

Ken is right alternate back and forth so when you go to far just go back to the other set..
You can also see it on the 02 log when it starts to get better and I just left it in hole #2..
It's kind of a PIA but I have to say my car picked up .005 in the short time after this mod..
Not much but never the less it's better =;
I used a large flat file and marked them each time and only removing a about a 1/16 or so. You can start with about 1/8 removed then go from there...

Best MPH 170.71
Barry

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:34 pm 

Very good. I will do that. I have a new set on the way and will pull the ones off my other carb to work for this weekend. One thing I was thinking about with the lean out on shift recovery is the skirted boosters. I am wondering if they are having an effect on that. Less RPM, less airflow, less fuel pulled through boosters. I ordered a set of smaller skirts from BLP and may put them in my other carb that is identical to the one Im running and bolt it on this weekend or next on the second time run to get some A-B-A testing. I run 2 classes so I will get 4 time runs.

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems