Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems

Post subject: Re: Holley Banjos
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Snow here so there won't be any testing around these parts! Pit Bitch and I are going to pull the tranny out of the Dodge tomorrow since I still don't have an intake to fit to the race engine yet. And that's a topic for another time! =P~ :-({|=

So have you got the O2 and stuff on the car now so you can get data?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:39 pm 

No Racepak this weekend, realized too late I needed a 12' VNet cable.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 am 

Sorry to hear about the Racepak. I'm looking forward to hearing how you make out with the regulator, etc.

I'm loving the new BLP website and on-line ordering. Place an order for some stuff last weekend but unfortunately I'm so far away that it doesn't show up until Monday. Oh well, I guess it's projects around the house for me this weekend. ](*,)

Super Comp 130C

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm 

Good news, regulator made a big difference, now all I have to do is get enough fuel thru it. Right about where it would be on gas, responding to jet changes, had to drill some rears to see a big change. Race as is tonight, more details later...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm 

Awesome mark. Good luck tonight!

Super Comp 130C

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Got banjos and boosters from BLP today and got bad news just a few minutes ago. These banjos are a POS!! The damn holes in them are drilled off center of the leg that attaches to the carb body. I just tried to drill one out and the bit went out the side wall a quarter inch in?? DAYUMN IT!!!!

Screw this! I'm going to send these things back and probably work the 34-36 set I have that are already drilled out to what I need and grind the flair off them. These ones that BLP is selling must be some of that "Genuine Holley" crap like the ones I got a month or so ago from Autozone! JUNK! =P~ And I was ready to rock and roll on this thing?? [-(

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:18 pm 

The only thing the Holley castings are probably good for is to use in the old bodies after you cut the sides to center them. The ones I used for the Davinci 1050 I fixed for a friend were like that. I'm going down in the AM, I'll see what they do for methanol and see if they have something better. They really need a wider slot in the body with a wider banjo for methanol, I'd say .300 should do it.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

jmarkaudio wrote:
The only thing the Holley castings are probably good for is to use in the old bodies after you cut the sides to center them. The ones I used for the Davinci 1050 I fixed for a friend were like that. I'm going down in the AM, I'll see what they do for methanol and see if they have something better. They really need a wider slot in the body with a wider banjo for methanol, I'd say .300 should do it.

Mark I sent Joe an Email just a bit ago requesting a return authorization and telling him what the problem is. I've got a set of Holley 34-36 flair banjos that I drilled out to .234 back a couple of years ago and all went well with those. Use the same setup method on these new ones that I used on the 34-36s and it's a no go because the hole isn't straight with the banjo body. I use that hole with a drill bit in the chuck to set them up in the vise so I reference off that existing hole. If the hole isn't in there straight, then I'm screwed.

Board index » Racing Forum » E85 Fuel Systems